Author Topic: I can't feel pleasure and sitting doesn't help anymore, please help  (Read 10111 times)

Lokuttara

• Trekking the hills of dhamma
    • Vipassanamurti
    • Love cycling into the blue skies and enjoying the first touches of Spring!
Re: I can't feel pleasure and sitting doesn't help anymore, please help
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2011, 03:52:10 PM »
I f**ked myself up by wearing dark and spiky clothes, reading Stephen King, listening to Black Metal, watching depressing movies full of action & violence, ... you know what I mean. So, filling me up with "dark" stuff, I became "dark".
There's love out there? HA! I knew better ...

Hey Stefan, what do you mean by "f**ked myself up"? I also went through a period of black metal, horror movies, black clothes, alcohol, etc. But I look at it now as a form of expression for what I was going through emotionally at that time (darkness, anger), and it was a very necessary and useful part of the evolution of consciousness that shortly lead to the spiritual path, and to meditation.
"One may be surrounded by great beauty, by mountains and fields and rivers, but unless one is alive to it all one might just as well be dead." Krishnamurti

Stefan

• The Marvellous Omannobazong!!!
  • love is the key
    • Vipassana (Goenka), Freestyle, Family, God
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2011, 05:40:45 PM »
I f**ked myself up by wearing dark and spiky clothes, reading Stephen King, listening to Black Metal, watching depressing movies full of action & violence, ... you know what I mean. So, filling me up with "dark" stuff, I became "dark".
There's love out there? HA! I knew better ...

Hey Stefan, what do you mean by "f**ked myself up"? I also went through a period of black metal, horror movies, black clothes, alcohol, etc. But I look at it now as a form of expression for what I was going through emotionally at that time (darkness, anger), and it was a very necessary and useful part of the evolution of consciousness that shortly lead to the spiritual path, and to meditation.

That only proves how we all are different  ;)
When I was angry I used to listen to Slayer or Venom (as a form of emotional expression, sure), and afterwards I wasn't less angry.
anicca

budo

« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2011, 09:32:21 PM »
The problem is all in your head.

Take a step back, and take a look at yourself.

You are a human being, a member of planet earth, a child of mother nature.

You may be a little lost and confused as to what how things should be, but the reality is, there is no such thing as "should be". "Should be" is all in your head, there is simply "is" and all you can do is simply "be".

Time to forget about about society, and all the brainwashing it has done to you about what you "should" do, and what you "should" be, and how you "should" feel, with who you "should" live with, remove all that stuff from your head and go take a walk in the park and reconnect with nature.

There is more to life than finding a prestigious job, find something that lets you do what you want with life.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 09:37:59 PM by budo »

Matthew

• The Irreverent Buddhist
  • Meditation: It's a D.I.Y. project.
    • Buddhism is a practical psychology and philosophy, not a religion.
    • If you cling to view, you must know this limits your potential.
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2011, 09:59:38 PM »
Very well said budo.

Warmly,

Matthew
~oOo~     Tat Tvam Asi     ~oOo~    How will you make the world a better place today?     ~oOo~    Fabricate Nothing     ~oOo~