Author Topic: Master / Guide  (Read 6581 times)

maybeiam

• Nature is a beautiful peace to be
Master / Guide
« on: November 09, 2010, 02:58:36 PM »
Hello
At the moment i feel exhausted, not entusiastic to study or work , feel blocked , lazy , I rarely meditate.. this maybe because im not really occupied since my retreats of vipassana,
I Feel like the Goenka method is very good in the sense that you dont focus almost nothing on your teacher and more into yourself when you inside the hall, but i think it can be important some guidance, after i did the goenkas retreats i rarely follow a single teacher , and i would like it very much because it might help me to go trough of what im going
any suggestions?
ive followed many before and now im just not enthusiastic at all for nothing at all
Bless you

Morning Dew

Re: Master / Guide
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 10:17:21 PM »
Congratulations my dear :D you arrived at the right spot!
This spot needs no teacher but your self. You are your best teacher my friend!

Stick to observing this very you which is soooo exhausted so tired... Right there is your ticket towards freedom towards hapoyness towards content :)
Cant you see it?! Look closer!

frik the masters and teachers mate! They are like drugs anyway! Even Buddha aparently said so, no?! :)

You are flourishing at this very moment, ripeing like an apple, ready to be eaten soooo soft and juicey :P

Do not let some monk with shaved balls piss all over you. But then again this very pissing all over you might be the very thing to awake you so ... well you decide.

I think you need to stick with this feeling of dispear and let it peal off on its own.

Friendly CGb

maybeiam

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 11:07:43 PM »
what is your definition of freedom
freedom is just a friking ideology, a concept

you know what , im friking isolating myself more and more what a frik is this im only 30 not 90 like you probably are
i can be very fruitful after this yes , oh i suffered so than the next oscillation will be a stronger man , than what? another hammer hammering me like a nail to the ground again

the freedom, the to be enlightenment to be unlighted again i got it.. this is just like nothing
you know theres those ones who never meditate and dont even have a clue what is it and they live with certain awareness.. why do i have to find mediation my only salvation ? maybe because i met it , if i never had met it i had maybe choosed another ways , MAYBE OCUPPING MORE MYSELF THAN ISOLATING
Bless you

kidnovice

• Theravada: with nuts and bolts from Goenka-ji, and fine tuning from Thanissaro Bhikkhu
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 02:32:08 AM »
Lets not get too worked up. Its natural to assume that whatever is working for us at a particular time will always work for us and everyone else on the planet. For example, we find a meditation technique that works for us, and then a little voice says, "This is the technique that (will always) work for me! In fact, it will work for everyone!" Likewise,  when we discover the joy of self-sufficiency that comes with feeling independent from a teacher, the little voice says, "I will never need a teacher! No one does!" That voice is very natural. But if you study that voice carefully, you will recognize it as the delusion of permanence. I know it well.  8)

Anyway, maybeiam, if at this time, you think it would be beneficial for you to have a personal relationship with a teacher, then do it.  But pursue it lightly. There is great wisdom in looking for a teacher while simultaneously deepening your practice without one.

Unfortunately, I don't know anything about dharma in the Netherlands, so there aren't any recommendations that I can make to you. But I'm sure some other people on this forum will eventually pop-in with some suggestions. TIB seems to know alot about practice centers in Europe.

With metta,
KN

May we cultivate the serenity to accept the things we cannot change; the compassion to change the things we can; and the wisdom to know the difference.

Morning Dew

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2010, 07:52:04 AM »
you know what , im friking isolating myself more and more what a frik is this im only 30 not 90 like you probably are

I am 35 actualy my friend. May i call you friend :)

Forgett the enlightenment thing it aint of much importance or freedom too. As you said it freedom is just an intelectual idea if not experienced actualy. As is enlightenment i supose.

What is important is that you develope calmness and a Compassionate awareness of who you are (isolated, afraid, still fruitful etc) without judging it.
All this anger and dispare is not you not the actual you but fragments of the past.
This too shall pass.

Sure find a teacher. As KN explained wisely my words are colored with a tone of permanence. I was too harsh but this doesnt change the fact of how you reacted (not responding) to those words.

Remind yourself one thing though; relax and calm your body. Tensed body creates tensed thoughts.
KN has some good advice.
Friendly

Quardamon

• Teachers were: P.K.K. Mettavihari, Frits Koster, Nel Kliphuis. (In the line of Mahasi Sayadaw)
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2010, 01:32:32 PM »
Hello maybeiam,
I like and respect Frits Koster as a teacher. Check http://www.fritskoster.nl
Recently I spoke with a man who had done zen for many years before he started to teach zen. I have confidence in him, but I have no idea how he will connect to your issue. I trust he is honest enough to tell you if you ask. This man is called Olaf van Kooten. Check for instance http://kenkon.org/wp/kenkon/leraren/olaf-van-kooten  If you are on facebook or linkedin, you can find him there. (He seems to live in or near Wageningen.)
Good luck,
Quardamon

rideforever

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2010, 03:03:36 PM »
Dear maybeiam

If you need to be with other people, to be less isolated, then do it.

RF

soma

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2010, 07:24:36 PM »
i can be very fruitful after this yes , oh i suffered so than the next oscillation will be a stronger man , than what? another hammer hammering me like a nail to the ground again

Learn to love that hammer hammering you like a nail to the ground...
Maybe I am a bit of a masochist but that hammer is my favorite teacher .
What is that hammer anyway ? Is it your ideas of reality clashing with reality as it actually is ?
The hammer says, 'SURRENDER !!!'   :D

all the best

soma
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 08:02:13 PM by soma »

Morning Dew

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2010, 08:17:21 PM »
The hammer says, 'SURRENDER !!!'

Hear hear! amen to that my brother! Jesus is great! Hear hear!

Remain relaxed, remain aware

soma

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2010, 08:50:00 PM »
The hammer says, 'SURRENDER !!!'

Hear hear! amen to that my brother! Jesus is great! Hear hear!

Remain relaxed, remain aware

Are you saying I am preaching again ? :D
When I was three I held my first sermon after a visit to church I am told...

maybeiam

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2010, 01:46:55 AM »

thanks for replies
ll do that rideforever,
Ive been to long without a social life, like 6 months or so, well of course i've been with people , but not like i was before, and so since my  meditation isolation to another short relationship to internet eremit freak , and it goes on.. and on..  i dont even want to say what troubles ive already past in my life cause i can panic everyone or give trauma or something lol
Bless you

maybeiam

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2010, 12:40:35 PM »
I would like do share this video that i just watchd, made me clear about it

Sadhguru, How do I recognize my Guru?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 03:10:43 PM by The Irreverent Buddhist »
Bless you

Morning Dew

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2010, 01:40:20 PM »
maybeiam I feel threathened by you! Do you want to be my Guru lol :D ha ha ha

Or maybe you feel threathened by me so i can be your Guru? What say you? ;)

Or we can be each other Guru, yes?! I be your Guru on Mondays, thursdays and sundays and you be mine on tuesdays, wednesdays and saturdays. Friday we can rest, yes?! No?!

No matter what, remain aware remain relaxed.
Friendly as always, CGb

Matthew

• The Irreverent Buddhist
  • Meditation: It's a D.I.Y. project.
    • KISS: Keep it simple stupid.
    • Getting nowhere slowly and enjoying every moment.
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2010, 03:25:21 PM »
maybeiam

Nice video ... I edited your post to embed it .. all you have to do is copy the youtube page URL into a post and the video will appear on the page.

I hope this is OK with you.

Warmly,

Matthew
~oOo~     Tat Tvam Asi     ~oOo~    How will you make the world a better place today?     ~oOo~    Fabricate Nothing     ~oOo~

maybeiam

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2010, 04:37:52 PM »
TIB, it's okay of course i even tried to do that, many thanks

Che Gebuddha you'r crazy lol
Bless you

Matthew

• The Irreverent Buddhist
  • Meditation: It's a D.I.Y. project.
    • KISS: Keep it simple stupid.
    • Getting nowhere slowly and enjoying every moment.
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2010, 04:48:47 PM »
TIB, it's okay of course i even tried to do that, many thanks

Thanks. When you are looking at the video on the normal youtube page just copy the address from the browser toolbar and put it in a message. The forum automagically embeds it (and not just youtube - see here for the full list of supported sites):

Example adding this in a post:

Code: [Select]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAqLybtgmmY
gives this:

Shakira - Hips Dont Lie Spoof LOTG

He is ... but in THE most beautiful way .... when he renamed himself Che Gebuddha recently I nearly changed it to "Mother Theresa" :D
~oOo~     Tat Tvam Asi     ~oOo~    How will you make the world a better place today?     ~oOo~    Fabricate Nothing     ~oOo~

maybeiam

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2010, 08:56:02 PM »
 ;D
Nice video , thanks for the info , cool
Bless you

Morning Dew

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2010, 10:01:43 PM »
Me crazy! Noooo waaayy! Or maybe a little.

Che Gebuddha is my dhamma name give to me by ... I am not sure any more  :-\

I like the Mother Theresa name suits you lol ha ha

Friendly

kidnovice

• Theravada: with nuts and bolts from Goenka-ji, and fine tuning from Thanissaro Bhikkhu
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2010, 10:36:14 PM »

He is ... but in THE most beautiful way .... when he renamed himself Che Gebuddha recently I nearly changed it to "Mother Theresa" :D

Agreed. :)  And don't miss the wisdom in this:

maybeiam I feel threathened by you! Do you want to be my Guru lol :D ha ha ha

Or maybe you feel threathened by me so i can be your Guru? What say you? ;)

Or we can be each other Guru, yes?! I be your Guru on Mondays, thursdays and sundays and you be mine on tuesdays, wednesdays and saturdays. Friday we can rest, yes?! No?!

No matter what, remain aware remain relaxed.
Friendly as always, CGb

I don't see anything crazy about that! In fact, its incredibly sane.

KN
May we cultivate the serenity to accept the things we cannot change; the compassion to change the things we can; and the wisdom to know the difference.

maybeiam

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2010, 12:09:26 AM »
yes it is. I'm a bit distant sometimes i must confess.
thx
Bless you

MeditationMan

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2010, 06:39:31 PM »

Tensed body creates tensed thoughts.
KN has some good advice.
Friendly

It goes both ways, though, doesn't it?  A tensed mind creates tensed thoughts, thus it's like a chicken or the egg type'a deal, no?

Morning Dew

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2010, 08:12:30 PM »
The egg is older! Buddha said so! Honestly!

maybeiam

« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2010, 02:49:36 AM »
im not very intelligent to understand the last posts
Bless you