Author Topic: Does anyone here use Binaural beats?  (Read 3309 times)

Green Tara

• Life is just a bowl of cherries
Does anyone here use Binaural beats?
« on: November 22, 2007, 01:13:56 PM »
A friend of mine has a CD called the insight using the Binaural beat technology and she said it helped her meditation.
Has anyone ever used it and is it allowed to use it with Vipassana?
"Samsaric beings! Cling not to worldly pleasures.  Enter the great city of liberation”

Matthew

• The Irreverent Buddhist
  • Staff
  • Meditation: It's a D.I.Y. project.
    • KISS: Keep it simple stupid.
    • Getting nowhere slowly and enjoying every moment.
Re: Does anyone here use Binaural beats?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2007, 05:34:20 PM »
Tara

I would see what it does to you. Don't come to rely on any external props for meditation but if they help in a way at a certain stage trying them mindfully can't hurt.

In the dhamma :)

Matthew
~oOo~     Tat Tvam Asi     ~oOo~    How will you make the world a better place today?     ~oOo~    Fabricate Nothing     ~oOo~

Stefan

• The Marvellous Omannobazong!!!
  • love is the key
    • Vipassana (Goenka), Freestyle, Family, God
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2007, 11:19:42 AM »
Yes we should try out for ourselves. But then, it's also very essential to listen to teachers advise. Goenkaji says that you can try out, but then you should decide and stick to one technique ... and he advises not to mix up different ways of meditation.

Vipassana = letting go of crutches. But everything like mantras, sounds, music, yantras ect is a crutch, somehow.
That's how I understood it, hope it helps you.

Metta, Stefan
anicca

Green Tara

• Life is just a bowl of cherries
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2007, 08:34:27 PM »
I have tried the CD and it is absolutely amazing, unbelievable, I can't explain what happen really. It didn't ease the pain or improved my meditation as my friend claimed-  I guess that could happen with long term use- but I felt better in a strange way.
I think I won't use it again just because I actually start to crave the feelings.  :-\
"Samsaric beings! Cling not to worldly pleasures.  Enter the great city of liberation”