Author Topic: Body and Body Door  (Read 1815 times)

mathanga

Body and Body Door
« on: February 16, 2010, 09:17:22 AM »
I have been trying to understand 6 sense doors and 6 entities which these 6 doors make contact with.

This is it - only 2 doors -  as I have understood.

Eye door - contact with light emitted by objects - make eye related vedana, sanna, sankara, vinnana (or feeling, perceptions, mental formations and consciousness)

Body door - contact with body or 4 grate elements (in simple term earth, heat,wind and water)  - make body door related vedana, sanna, sankara, vinnana (or feeling, perceptions, mental states and consciousness)

My understanding is body door and body are two different things. Body door itself make contact with body continuously and give feeling of "my body" fueling the perception of self.

Our body door contact with body or 4 grate elements (within our body or external to the body) and creates vedana, sanna, sankara and vinnana.

So when we close eyes and "feel" our "hand",  we only experience the vedana, sanna, sankara and vinnana generated by body door, by making contact with the 4 grate elements of our hand. When we touch the table, the body door create vedana, sanna, sankara and vinnana, by making contact with the table or mainly the earth element of the table. There is no difference between earth element in my body and that in the table.

In other word, My hand is merely "vedana sanna sankara and vinnana". It really doesn't exist as I feel. only 4 grate elements exists.

There is no difference between star at billion kilo meter distance and my hand.

Both consist of 4 grate elements. start generates eye related vedana, sanna, sankara and vinnana when it make contact with eye door.

Hand generates body door related vedana, sanna, sankara and vinnana when it make contact with body door.
By thinking in this way,- looking at body and body door as two different entities- perception about my body got really weakened.

soma

Re: Body and Body Door
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 10:51:30 AM »
Hello Mathanga !

I recently discovered the teachings, or non-teachings of U.G. Krishnamurti.
Although he does not speak directly of the sense doors he gives you his theories or his experience of how you come to think of yourself as a 'you' at all and why there is no difference between your hand and a star a billion kilometres away.
Everything consists of this movement which is pure 'life force'  and it creates thoughts in 'you' as a mere function to keep this movement going. "Your constant utilization of thought to give continuity to your separate self is 'you'. There is nothing there inside you other than that."  
Altough this is not a direct answer to your question I think you will be interested in his recorded talks http://www.ugkrishnamurti.org/giveup/recorded talks.
Alot of what he says are the same things you would hear from other talks obout ultimate reality but U.G. certainly goes one step further and he has some temper aswell  :)
The sound quality is rather poor, especially in the beginning but improves somewhat after a while.
He does come across as an angry and bitter man sometimes but nevertheless is very interesting to listen to.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 10:56:52 AM by soma »

mathanga

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 12:42:34 PM »
Hello Soma,

I will study the resources you provided. (BTW, link is active ?)

What I explain is from pure Therawada buddhism. Its all about 6 sense doors and 5 kandas.

Mathanga
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 12:45:03 PM by mathanga »

soma

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 01:01:39 PM »
Now it should be working ( link below )

Give Up
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 01:03:45 PM by soma »