Author Topic: Saints and Psychopaths  (Read 2760 times)

upekkha

Saints and Psychopaths
« on: December 02, 2009, 04:48:56 PM »
A book I've been looking for a while (goes for 100$ used and out of print) has been scanned and is available freely.

It's by a Vipassana teacher called 'Bill Hamilton' who was a student of Sayadaw U Pandita..
anyway, there it is! enjoy, i've read it in several days since it was such a nice read.

Saints and Psychopaths

mcgee55

Re: Saints and Psychopaths
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 02:21:53 AM »
That looks like an interesting book, I just downloaded it.   ;D  Speaking of books, I'm currently reading the second part of a book called Samadhi.  The first part deals with the conflicting interpretations of what Samadhi is, and how one gets there.  It seems pretty technical and thorough.  Therefore, I skipped that part, lol.  I'm just  not in the mood for deep material, and I'm trying to think less anyway.  The second part is a series of interviews with various meditation teachers, including Bhante G, about samadhi and its role in their teaching.  Its pretty light reading and very interesting to get different teacher's perspetives.  I wonder if there is a way I can find it online and link it.  Anybody know?