Author Topic: earthquake while meditating!  (Read 1509 times)

mcgee55

earthquake while meditating!
« on: December 01, 2009, 01:48:33 AM »
  Yesterday was a day that I tried to devote much time to meditation (which is common for the weekends  ;D).  During my second sitting session, almost an hour into it, my apartment started shaking!  This is the second time that has happened in recent weeks, and I do not live in a typical earthquake zone.  It started with a rattling in the window, but then progressed to shake my chair.  Well, needless to say, I bolted up off that chair and ran out of my apt. as quickly as possible.  All the while I was thinking that my building was gonna collapse, and that I would be maybe the first person (or at least one of the few) to die meditating.  Come to think of it, isn't there a Buddhist story about a monk who reaches enlightenment while being ripped apart by a tiger.  I can just see the headlines "YOUNG MAN FOUND UNDER RUBBLE SITTING IN LOTUS POSITION."  Not quite what I have in mind (and I cannot sit lotus either, lol).  Too bad too, it was one of those sittings where I felt on the verge of something.  Nevertheless, its amazing how much clarity of mind there is when you think your about to be crushed.   :P

Renze

• Ungrounded
    • No hope
Re: earthquake while meditating!
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 08:14:03 PM »
I heard a story somewhere of a Thai monk who was meditating alone in a cave, and one night woke up and found himself half-swallowed by a python.  ;D

joy

Re: earthquake while meditating!
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 03:30:29 AM »
I heard a story somewhere of a Thai monk who was meditating alone in a cave, and one night woke up and found himself half-swallowed by a python.  ;D

How others came to know? ;)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 03:34:23 AM by joydip_ppl »
Joy