Author Topic: Benefits Of Practising Vipassana Meditation Daily-Share Ur Personal Experience  (Read 5087 times)

Komal Shah

Hello All... 

After interacting with a lot of people who are genuinely interested in Vipassana Meditation i realised that practising Vipassana daily is an issue with many people.. even me i am completely convinced about the efficacy of this wonderful technique... but somehow i havent been able to practise it daily despite best intentions to do so...

I would be very grateful if some of you can share you personal experiences about the benefits derived from practising vipassana daily... this will prove to be a wonderful inspiration for everyone who want to move forward in this noble path of vipassana meditation.

much metta
komal

ravalbapu

My salutations to komal,
'Practice' should not be an 'issue'.
Do we practice sleep? Or for that matter walking or eating?
I do satipatthana for past 17 years.
You can do it anywhere. That is the beauty and joy of mindfulness.
Even a single moment passed in total awareness is better than 100 years of delusion.
May you attain nibbana.
raval

Matthew

• The Irreverent Buddhist
  • Staff
  • Meditation: It's a D.I.Y. project.
    • KISS: Keep it simple stupid.
    • Getting nowhere slowly and enjoying every moment.
komal,

The more you practice anything the better you get. If you struggle to maintain a daily practice this is often due to overcomplicating the practice. And raval, as usual, makes an important point. You can meditate any time anywhere, although I don't recommend when driving.

Simply do it. Or is your ego so overwhelmingly strong that you are prepared to lay down your life to it's whims and fancies?

In the Dhamma,

Matthew
~oOo~     Tat Tvam Asi     ~oOo~    How will you make the world a better place today?     ~oOo~    Fabricate Nothing     ~oOo~

Komal Shah

Matthew,

I agree ravalbapu does have a point.  As for the practice i cant believe this but since i joined this forum about a week ago i have not missed a single morning or late evening 30-45 minute vipassana meditation session which i do in the privacy of my room.     I am really grateful for this forum and the posts by all the people which have inspired me. 

Hopefully i will continue the practice.

Much metta
Komal

mcgee55

I agree with all the above said.  No matter how difficult meditation practice or present moment awareness in daily life may seem, its better than wasting our days dreaming about something else.  Good job on the practicing, keep up the good work ;D

Komal Shah

mcgee....

thanks very much, i do intend to continue the practice : )

much metta
komal

Matthew

• The Irreverent Buddhist
  • Staff
  • Meditation: It's a D.I.Y. project.
    • KISS: Keep it simple stupid.
    • Getting nowhere slowly and enjoying every moment.
komal,

It is very good to know you have found such inspiration.

There is a revolution taking place, quietly, behind the scenes, off the screens and in the hearts and minds of millions of meditators.

As we develop inner peace and harmony we manifest outer compassion and peace. By changing yourself you change the world.

In the Dhamma,

Matthew
~oOo~     Tat Tvam Asi     ~oOo~    How will you make the world a better place today?     ~oOo~    Fabricate Nothing     ~oOo~