Author Topic: Strong vibrating sensations  (Read 2051 times)

V A L E N

Strong vibrating sensations
« on: October 07, 2009, 02:29:59 AM »
Hi to all I´m new here :)

I`ve been meditating for two months now since I went to a 10 day course and I´ve been feeling vibrations (like it comes from diferent directios) and my body feels like inside water (sometimes involuntary movements). I always remain equanimous to this sensations but I wander what they are? it feels like energy but I don´t know...

If someone could give me an advise or explain why these sensations are so strong...  would be really great to know what you think :D

And sorry I don´t have a teacher to ask about these things. Thank you all!!

pamojjam

Re: Strong vibrating sensations
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 06:43:43 AM »
Hi Valen,

I`ve been meditating for two months now since I went to a 10 day course and I´ve been feeling vibrations ... I always remain equanimous to this sensations but I wander what they are? it feels like energy but I don´t know...

A ten day course is very powerful in raising your awareness to experience all the sensation which otherwise in everyday life remains on a subconscious level. To whatever you verbalize them strongly depends on your conceptional framework you are used too. From an energetically perspective this is how live energy, which at all times alive is inside of us, can feel like.

From a theravada perspective vibrations belong to the air or wind element. Heaviness, lightness, hardness or softness would belong to the earth element. Heat and coolness to the fire element. Cohesion or falling apart to the water element. All these elements present at any time in the human body can be felt simultaneously at all times, if only your awareness has become keen enough.

Though this seemingly intense sensations can be overwhelmingly confusing, its really nothing to worry about but evolving naturally due to much more sensitivity by training in becoming more aware.

Kind regards..

mcgee55

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 05:01:50 PM »
Valen,

I agree with the above comment wholeheartedly.  I have little knowledge of what Theravada tradition says about the sensations, but I do know that I too have experienced somewhat bizarre feelings since beginning meditation roughly 5 months ago.  Its a product of greater concentration and awareness, and I would not worry.  Just remain vigilant as you have been doing.  Best of luck from another fellow beginner. 

V A L E N

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 01:08:53 AM »
Thank U both very much!! I appreciated :D

Matthew

• The Irreverent Buddhist
  • Staff
  • Meditation: It's a D.I.Y. project.
    • KISS: Keep it simple stupid.
    • Getting nowhere slowly and enjoying every moment.
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2009, 07:00:41 PM »
Valen

Your focus may be raising kundalini energy which would feel almost like electricity running up and down your spine and through your body. Is it anything like that?

Matthew
~oOo~     Tat Tvam Asi     ~oOo~    How will you make the world a better place today?     ~oOo~    Fabricate Nothing     ~oOo~

V A L E N

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2009, 03:13:44 AM »
Hi Matthew

It does feels like energy moving through the body, It´s been like a week now and I`ve been feeling it almost all day long, when I´m calm or sitted (sometimes strong others very subtle). One day I was working on the computer and felt it comming from my legs (they move a little bit) to my chest so I kind of started wondering what it was... my first thought was "could this be energy?" so maybe it is  :)

So I guess I must keep learning ;D Thank U Matthew

wildfox

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2009, 03:58:21 AM »
Valen,

I have had chronic problems with this kind of thing.  If you get fed up with it, then exercise such as jogging will make it go away.  Just enough to make you break into a sweat.  Maybe stop meditating for a week or so.  Do something else you enjoy for a while.