Author Topic: Chakra Meditation?????  (Read 5967 times)

Milad

Chakra Meditation?????
« on: August 24, 2009, 01:08:12 AM »
Hello everyone, I started doing meditation just by focusing on my breath and clearing my mind.  I then met someone online who introduced me to chakra mediation.  He apparently did it all the time and able to acquire anything he wanted in his life because he was in such control of his mind.  I do not meditate for the sole purpose of materialistic things, but also for the feeling and relaxation that it comes with.  My question is, am I doing this chakra meditation correctly and is chakra meditation very beneficial?

1. close your eyes and visualize a white light going through your body.

2. then visualize the light touching each chakra and cleansing it, starting from the bottom red chakra to the top crown chakra.

3.  move to the next chakra once you feel it cleansed and visualize it shining brightly.

4. then go back to the third eye chakra, open it and send all your thoughts into it.

Thats about it, please give me some advice and tell me what i am doing right or wrong.  Thank you all.

Milad

Re: Chakra Meditation?????
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 01:02:23 AM »
Can anyone help me?

ravalbapu

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 05:46:38 AM »
My salutations to Milad,

Why 5 question marks?

These visualisation technics popularised by Indian gurus is spiritual auto-eroticism.
Not worth the labour.
Shamath and mindfulness will help in realising Nibbana.
Of course, ana pana alone is a very powerful method.
May you attain bliss. My love and metta,
raval

Matthew

• The Irreverent Buddhist
  • Staff
  • Meditation: It's a D.I.Y. project.
    • KISS: Keep it simple stupid.
    • Getting nowhere slowly and enjoying every moment.
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2009, 09:53:44 AM »
Milad,

Welcome to the forum.

raval is correct. Fabricate nothing in your meditation. Only realisation of "what is" and not fantasy self-hypnosis will lead to liberation. Shamatha/Anapana practice to ground yourself, then as awareness dawns follow insight to the core with Vipassana.

In the Dhamma,

Matthew
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 09:54:23 AM by The Irreverent Buddhist »
~oOo~     Tat Tvam Asi     ~oOo~    How will you make the world a better place today?     ~oOo~    Fabricate Nothing     ~oOo~

Stefan

• The Marvellous Omannobazong!!!
  • love is the key
    • Vipassana (Goenka), Freestyle, Family, God
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2009, 10:06:44 AM »
Confusion of techniques ...

Hei Milad,

since this is a Vipassanaforum, we don't practice Chakra Meditation. We practice Vipassana Meditation. You can't combine both (or at least I'm not aware of it since I'm a disciple, not a teacher).

A friend of mine does Chakra meditation, it seems to be good to him. I like more the Vipassana way.

But for the Chakra meditation, I can give you a hint: Start with the top Chakra! First go down , then up.This is essential since this highest Chakra is the connection, the opening. There will be no flow if you focus on your third chakra, while the fourth is still stuck with old energy.

With point four, the "Magic" starts (= using the Siddhis). The danger is, the ego will fill this with cravings and longings and will use it to satisfy the ego (not you!!). It is the most common trap in spiritual development, it's called black magic, and your friend "who acquired anything he wanted" is either very high developed (so "he" doesn't mean "his ego") or he is in serious danger to turn the search for TRUTH into an egomanic game, with all the dark and unfruitful consequences.

Omg this sounds very gloomy ... but I know someone who had exactly these experiences. It was not funny.

Vipassana or Chakra meditation .. try to find a good teacher!

:), Stefan
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 10:08:49 AM by stefan »
anicca

Matthew

• The Irreverent Buddhist
  • Staff
  • Meditation: It's a D.I.Y. project.
    • KISS: Keep it simple stupid.
    • Getting nowhere slowly and enjoying every moment.
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2009, 10:36:35 AM »
'It’s not the sun and the clouds outside that make the weather, it’s the sun and the clouds inside. When I find myself in those moments of clear blue sky awareness that fill me and empty me simultaneously I discover what I am. When I let the clouds of “who I am” obscure the sun and the sky I am not only acting from habit but lost and unable to see anything with clarity.'
~oOo~     Tat Tvam Asi     ~oOo~    How will you make the world a better place today?     ~oOo~    Fabricate Nothing     ~oOo~