Author Topic: Wellcome All  (Read 2472 times)

Matthew

• The Irreverent Buddhist
  • Meditation: It's a D.I.Y. project.
    • KISS: Keep it simple stupid.
    • Getting nowhere slowly and enjoying every moment.
Wellcome All
« on: October 06, 2007, 08:45:45 AM »
It's great to see this baby come to life so quickly. I'm very pleased that this space is here for those who find it an aid on the path. Like the old man who uses a stick, we all need to lean on something or someone sometimes on our path. But also like the old man, the stick can't do the walking. We have to walk the walk ourselves. Or sit the sit in this case ;)

TIB
~oOo~     Tat Tvam Asi     ~oOo~    How will you make the world a better place today?     ~oOo~    Fabricate Nothing     ~oOo~

James

Re: Wellcome All
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2007, 05:57:59 AM »
Hey :) Its computer-geek from TBCS I joined so i can learn about meditation.

Matthew

• The Irreverent Buddhist
  • Meditation: It's a D.I.Y. project.
    • KISS: Keep it simple stupid.
    • Getting nowhere slowly and enjoying every moment.
Re: Wellcome All
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2007, 06:45:06 AM »
Hey James

Welcome !! As you may have guessed Crazy Buddhist here :)

On the homepage there is a Community introductions thread with one topic in it ... say hi to everyone there if you like.

The main thing to remember about meditation is there is no magic and what works for you does and what doesn't doesn't: your the boss. That's why I like being a meditator - it's got jack all to do with being religious.

There is a great video to watch I have posted it here in the Dhamma resources section here. BTW you'll need to get used to some language. Dhamma or Dharma is a word that means many things in Sanskrit and Pali - the languages the meditation teachings of the Buddha were written in. He was just an ordinary bloke by the way and he said things as he saw them and learned a few tricks about how to lead a good life.

Dhamma means the teachings about meditation and life taught by the Buddha, it means truth, it means objects in the phenomenal world. Your computer is/has a Dhamma.

Best wishes and post an intro on the first page ... everyone is very friendly :)

Matthew aka CrazyB
~oOo~     Tat Tvam Asi     ~oOo~    How will you make the world a better place today?     ~oOo~    Fabricate Nothing     ~oOo~