Author Topic: Remote place for meditation  (Read 1126 times)

Prabha

• Vipassana meditator
    • Vipassana
Remote place for meditation
« on: January 04, 2022, 07:41:35 AM »
Hello everyone :)
I'm new to this group, I speak worse English, so I apologize for the mistakes. I see that there are a lot of meditators here, different groups, so I might take the opportunity to ask.
Does anyone know any remote place for meditation?
It would be good if this was a small group that is not a community with devoted meditators and a teacher. Really sincere seekers of truth, without all the clutter of religion, even if it is faith, organization, even if it is an organization, the rules, ... Um .... the dream of every meditator.  :angel:
Also, does anyone have the experience of 3 years of meditation? Please for more information on this.
Metta :)
Be happy

dharma bum

• Certified Zen Master (second degree black belt)
    • vipassana
Re: Remote place for meditation
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2022, 04:46:49 PM »
If you live in India, some of the Goenka centres might provide such settings. You could get in touch with them.
Mostly ignorant

Matthew

• The Irreverent Buddhist
  • Meditation: It's a D.I.Y. project.
    • Buddhism is a practical psychology and philosophy, not a religion.
    • If you cling to view, you must know this limits your potential.
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2022, 06:27:07 PM »
Hello Prabha,

You might find something suitable by looking at 'intentional communities'. These come in many types such as ecovillages, communes, spiritually based groups, etc etc. There is an international association with a searchable directory here: https://www.ic.org/

Regarding 'experience of 3 years of meditation', do you mean a three year retreat? You are unlikely to find such a retreat outside of a Buddhist community with a specific view of the Dhamma.
~oOo~     Tat Tvam Asi     ~oOo~    How will you make the world a better place today?     ~oOo~    Fabricate Nothing     ~oOo~

Prabha

• Vipassana meditator
    • Vipassana
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2022, 03:39:17 PM »
If you live in India, some of the Goenka centres might provide such settings. You could get in touch with them.
I am not from India. Ok I will ask, thank you.

Regarding 'experience of 3 years of meditation', do you mean a three year retreat? You are unlikely to find such a retreat outside of a Buddhist community with a specific view of the Dhamma.

Yes 3 years reatreat, of course in Buddist community. I find some info about it...but more curios if anyone did it...

With metta
« Last Edit: January 08, 2022, 05:51:33 PM by Matthew »
Be happy

Matthew

• The Irreverent Buddhist
  • Meditation: It's a D.I.Y. project.
    • Buddhism is a practical psychology and philosophy, not a religion.
    • If you cling to view, you must know this limits your potential.
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2022, 05:55:38 PM »
Hi Prabha,

Not personally. Some friends have done 3 year retreats in Tibetan tradition. I would tend towards Thai Forest tradition perhaps .. though I question that now since Ajahn Brahm cut ties with them over the ordination of women. It was all a bit messy.

Good luck with your search.
~oOo~     Tat Tvam Asi     ~oOo~    How will you make the world a better place today?     ~oOo~    Fabricate Nothing     ~oOo~