Author Topic: My experiences  (Read 1304 times)

Dhamma

• May we all fulfill our deepest wish for happiness
    • Vajrayana/Qigong/Theravada
    • Everything is somehow just fine!
Re: My experiences
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2021, 04:15:53 PM »
Analysis works against us - it only sets us up for severe Monkey Mind Syndrome. :)

Let all just be - simple to understand, but hard to apply implement, isn't it?

Go with the flow. Fighting against the current only creates more suffering.

Easier said than done, but we all have the ability to do this. We all give into the strong urge to analyze, ruminate, etc. Do we have to, though?

Let the mind "just be."

Peace and enlightenment. :)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2021, 04:17:35 PM by Dhamma »
May we see the emptiness of all phenomena

Matthew

• The Irreverent Buddhist
  • Meditation: It's a D.I.Y. project.
    • KISS: Keep it simple stupid.
    • Getting nowhere slowly and enjoying every moment.
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2021, 10:54:04 PM »
So I found one of my state where I am not aware inside I feel so busy so anxious but outside my output is very less. The amount of anxiety I carry sometimes leads to no work at all or the low quality of work. Fear how will you do this, this and this.

Is it really fear of how you will achieve things? If you look deeper you may find that it is fear of how others will perceive how you have done (or not) done things.

But today morning I was aware when I was walking to work and I realized that how it's effecting me. I instantly felt peaceful when i let  go some of my fear.

This is a shift of your sense of self from being externally located (in how others see you - dropping that fear of "not-performing") to being internally located (how you see yourself). This is so important: anxiety and depression are primarily driven by an external locus of self-worth; peace and calm, acceptance, are primarily driven by an internal locus of self-worth.

I think hard work with anxiety produce low quality of work.

This is one hundred percent true Raushan.

Also, I think I will stop reading books from now until it's really important. I feel that it adds lot more thoughts in the mind.

It does.

I want less and less thoughts in my head. Every tweet I read, every news article I read, every conversation I have create the stream of thoughts.

Yes!

Brings me back to what I wrote to you a few weeks back:

However below we may feel from others but I guess rather than trusting another's idea and try to imitate it it's best to listen to our own hearts because when I do that I feel peaceful.

That's a wonderful discovery on the path Raushan. You know where to look next for peace. Within.
~oOo~     Tat Tvam Asi     ~oOo~    How will you make the world a better place today?     ~oOo~    Fabricate Nothing     ~oOo~

raushan

• from India
    • S. N. Goenka switched to Samatha Forest Tradition
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2021, 04:11:46 PM »
Thanks Matthew,

Yes I am not sure yet but I guess this fear arises due to the comparison mode.

Yes, When I am in touch with my internal then I feel more peaceful. The thing is now I am at the point where my own intuition is in direct conflict with the outside world. In the society whom we call the successful people their advice or the best selling books advice or the the self help books advice are in conflict with my intuition at many places. And I start to think may be they are right because I am not a popular guy. I start to follow that and I realize it later it's not working for me.

Thanks Matthew, it's beautiful to be reminded to be grounded within with awareness.

raushan

• from India
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2021, 06:54:54 PM »
Analysis works against us - it only sets us up for severe Monkey Mind Syndrome. :)

Let all just be - simple to understand, but hard to apply implement, isn't it?

Agree with you on this. Too much analysis can work against us. Trying to improve anything is basically the ego-building. All these things seem very counterintuitive to how everyone advises us.

Matthew

« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2021, 07:04:21 PM »
Yes I am not sure yet but I guess this fear arises due to the comparison mode.

It does arise due to comparison, so, the thing to know about this:

Yes, When I am in touch with my internal then I feel more peaceful. The thing is now I am at the point where my own intuition is in direct conflict with the outside world. In the society whom we call the successful people their advice or the best selling books advice or the the self help books advice are in conflict with my intuition at many places. And I start to think may be they are right because I am not a popular guy ...

Is that the only person you need to be popular with is yourself. "To thine own self be true". From this acceptance by others flows naturally.

To survive in the world today, you need to accept yourself by becoming at peace with yourself and insightful. Then you put on an act for the rest of the world, while not really giving a second thought to how you are perceived, because by acting with morality, compassion and truthful insight you will be the best you possible.

Much love Raushan. Drop all those toxic ideas of "who you should be" that society pushed into your mind: they do not serve you well.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2021, 07:14:42 PM by Matthew »
~oOo~     Tat Tvam Asi     ~oOo~    How will you make the world a better place today?     ~oOo~    Fabricate Nothing     ~oOo~

raushan

• from India
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2021, 12:22:23 AM »

Is that the only person you need to be popular with is yourself. "To thine own self be true". From this acceptance by others flows naturally.

To survive in the world today, you need to accept yourself by becoming at peace with yourself and insightful. Then you put on an act for the rest of the world, while not really giving a second thought to how you are perceived, because by acting with morality, compassion and truthful insight you will be the best you possible.

Much love Raushan. Drop all those toxic ideas of "who you should be" that society pushed into your mind: they do not serve you well.

Thanks Matthew. I agree with you on all of this. Yes I have lots of ideas that I am carrying that I need to drop. Those are only making me more tense.

Dhamma

• May we all fulfill our deepest wish for happiness
    • Vajrayana/Qigong/Theravada
    • Everything is somehow just fine!
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2021, 04:41:43 PM »

Dear Matthew,

Of all the things that I've read coming from you -- this is at the top. That is real Dhamma wisdom. Wow!
This is something I really needed to hear.

Peace and enlightenment.
May we see the emptiness of all phenomena

Matthew

« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2021, 12:10:19 PM »
Thanks Matthew. I agree with you on all of this. Yes I have lots of ideas that I am carrying that I need to drop. Those are only making me more tense.

It's a process Raushan: one needs to find the equanimity and calm to then investigate these habituated patterns and deconstruct them; what emotions and expectations do they involve or trigger; where did they come from (usually society, culture, and family); what is wholesome?; what is merely a social construct?

Of all the things that I've read coming from you -- this is at the top. That is real Dhamma wisdom. Wow!
This is something I really needed to hear.

Monkeys and typewriters maybe Dhamma ... I've been processing the dharma and typing it here so long it's bound to hit home sometimes 😉

Glad to know you both found this helpful.

raushan

• from India
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2021, 08:52:24 AM »
Going back to the basics of meditation. Our mind or ego whatever we call is very clever. In the disguise of that I need to progress as fast as possible and multiple other random thoughts I didn't realize I have been creating more thoughts in the mind rather than helping myself.

I will be again ignoring thoughts and return to the breathing. I will also follow what's Matthew shared, the link from accesstoinsight.

'Breathing in long, he discerns, 'I am breathing in long'; or breathing out long, he discerns, 'I am breathing out long.' [2] Or breathing in short, he discerns, 'I am breathing in short'; or breathing out short, he discerns, 'I am breathing out short.'

I have felt very calm and peaceful before while doing the Samatha meditation. Yesterday felt same kind of feeling while doing it.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2021, 08:59:18 AM by raushan »

Middleway

• Just be a witness.
    • Vipassana as taught by Mr. Goenka - Switched to Shamatha
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2021, 03:42:31 PM »
Breathing in long “is like this”
Breathing in short “is like this”.

;)
Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

raushan

• from India
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2021, 09:47:56 AM »
Breathing in long “is like this”
Breathing in short “is like this”.

;)

:D :D True.