Author Topic: My experiences  (Read 244 times)

raushan

• from India
    • S. N. Goenka switched to Samatha Forest Tradition
My experiences
« on: June 24, 2021, 12:04:55 AM »
I am thinking to record my meditation-related experiences in this thread. I think it might be useful to others as well as to me. It's a kind of journal. It shouldn't be taken as advice or suggestion or criticism by other users of this forum. Since I am not very clear about my situation. I know I am experiencing things but can't really describe anything with 100 % certainty. So take whatever I write as a grain of salt.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2021, 12:13:43 AM by raushan »

Dhamma

• May we all fulfill our deepest wish for happiness
    • Vajrayana/Qigong/Theravada
    • Everything is somehow just fine!
Re: My experiences
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2021, 05:39:11 PM »
I am thinking to record my meditation-related experiences in this thread. I think it might be useful to others as well as to me. It's a kind of journal. It shouldn't be taken as advice or suggestion or criticism by other users of this forum. Since I am not very clear about my situation. I know I am experiencing things but can't really describe anything with 100 % certainty. So take whatever I write as a grain of salt.

I hope you are doing better, dear friend.

I sincerely wish you happiness. :)

It is my deepest wish for all us to fulfill our deepest for happiness.

Peace and enlightenment.
May we see the emptiness of all phenomena

raushan

• from India
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2021, 01:37:50 AM »
Hi Dhamma,

Thanks for asking. Yes I am doing better. I am back on track. Me too wish you happiness. I hope your meditation practice is going well.

raushan

• from India
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2021, 01:46:08 AM »
I have been using the meditation in every facet of my life. Earlier my goal was just to do meditation and hopefully I will be happy. But I find if we really have control over our mind we can make our life so much better. Even in day to day life I find I am addicted to so many things.

I have started asking question Why to myself for everything. If I am thinking about past/future I know the intellectual answer that it's no use to do that but still my mind thinks.. So I ask why myself then let my mind find the answer however time it takes. Sometimes I get the answer and it really helps me.

Why shouldn't I procastinate? Why shouldn't I consume suger? Why shouldn't we should get fat? There are scintific answer for everything, there are intellectual answer for everything but when we try to control it based on scientific knowledge it takes lot of will power but I believe all these things naturally to our understanding. We should know how much should we eat? What should we eat?

We have become Robotic society/ Like Automaton takes scientific evidence for smallest of things but starting to realize that's not the best way to live.

raushan

• from India
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2021, 06:31:13 AM »
I have been reading J Krishnamurti books sometimes. His writings I find wonderful. He often talks about not having any authority in the jouney of realization. He tells to discard everything. Every teaching and every knowledge and look for the truth by yourself. Truth has no patent on it. Every person can discover the truth within themselves if they learn to know how to look for it.

I feel interaction with others or taking any ideas from outside hinder us in our progress rather than aiding it. I am not sure about it because I still read books. Krishnamurti says to not read books at all. He says to read our own books which is mind.