Author Topic: Feeling heavy and down? I hope this help you too.  (Read 264 times)

Thanisaro85

• When thoughts, sensations, feelings arise,know it
    • Reverend father Jaran, Pramote. Theravada
    • Still breathing.
Feeling heavy and down? I hope this help you too.
« on: April 02, 2021, 12:18:58 PM »
Hello Sanghas,

I have been heavily down by mood for days due to family issue. It was very bad and i chanced upon this book on my shelve. And i try this, and it works pretty quick and effective for me....2mins.

Hope this helps if you got this nasty mood on you which you can't get rid of. ;).

So basically with that mood, my head till the chest area is tight, sour and heavy.
I sat on a sofa, closed my eye and and focus lightly on my whole body. My limps were the only place doesn't feel moody, so i just thought, ok, let the energy of this area going to my chest and head....miraculously. i felt relieved and the sourness just go away. The whole process doesn't took longer than 2 mins....

I hope it works for you guys too so that you can pull thru some nasty days. Even if this is not the ultimate way.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 12:28:59 PM by Thanisaro85 »
A Mind Unshaken, when touches by worldy matter, sorrowless, secure and dustless, this is the ultimate great blessing~ Mangala Sutta

Siddharth

• unlearning, relearning and letting go
Re: Feeling heavy and down? I hope this help you too.
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2021, 01:52:02 PM »
thanks for this thanisaro85,
will try it sometime. although the most difficult thing to get out of a funk is to recognize that I am in it and aim to not be there. once that part is done, I find just focusing on my gut, and mindfulness of breathing make me relatively calm. too bad mostly the worst of it is around and engaged with people, and those moments it is difficult to take myself out of being involved in whatever communication i am in, and focus on any sensations.

regards,
Siddharth
And what is good, Phædrus,
And what is not good...
Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?

Matthew

• The Irreverent Buddhist
  • Meditation: It's a D.I.Y. project.
    • KISS: Keep it simple stupid.
    • Getting nowhere slowly and enjoying every moment.
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2021, 02:20:31 PM »
Hi Thanisaro,

Sorry to hear circumstances have been difficult for you. I'm glad to see you found a remedy. I'll give it a try too. It seems most people have been struggling under the conditions of the last year, with the pandemic and the responses to it heightening many areas of life that can be stressful, from work instability to more time spent with family than we are used to.

Best wishes,
Matthew
~oOo~     Tat Tvam Asi     ~oOo~    How will you make the world a better place today?     ~oOo~    Fabricate Nothing     ~oOo~

Dhamma

• May we all fulfill our deepest wish for happiness
    • Zen/Tibetan/Theravada
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2021, 03:36:58 PM »
Yes, Thanisaro, that is beautiful wisdom. I am so grateful for your post.

I need this wisdom right now! My chest and head are tight, but legs and lower body feel free and liberated.

Peace and enlightenment. :)
You are already Buddha

May we see clearly the emptiness of all phenomena

Kennedy

• Being vulnerable is being strong
    • Breathing Observation
    • all good
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2021, 10:23:20 PM »
Greetings, Thanisaro.
In times of discomfort and uneasiness, this may come in handy. Perhaps I will try that soon and experience the results for myself.
Thanks for sharing this with us.
"Is it conceivable, then, that I am basically an eternal existence momentarily and perhaps needlessly terrified by one half of itself because it has identified all of itself with the other half?"