Author Topic: Meditation is the best psychotherapy there is available.  (Read 248 times)

raushan

• from India
    • S. N. Goenka switched to Samatha Forest Tradition
Meditation is the best psychotherapy there is available.
« on: January 19, 2021, 02:08:18 AM »
Meditation opens so many knots in the mind which we don't even realize it's there. Many times We rationalize our acts by saying to ourselves that's who I am, that is my personality. But I find many times we develop this personality because of some emotional knot we created in our childhood or at some point in life.

I now realize how much anger has been driving my life. I have yet to find what other emotional knots are there. I feel We are slaves to our emotions.

Dhamma

• May we all fulfill our deepest wish for happiness
    • Zen/Tibetan/Theravada
Re: Meditation is the best psychotherapy there is available.
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2021, 02:28:55 AM »
Meditation opens so many knots in the mind which we don't even realize it's there. Many times We rationalize our acts by saying to ourselves that's who I am, that is my personality. But I find many times we develop this personality because of some emotional knot we created in our childhood or at some point in life.

I now realize how much anger has been driving my life. I have yet to find what other emotional knots are there. I feel We are slaves to our emotions.

I agree with you, dear friend. We are slaves to our emotions and thoughts. That's why we suffer so much.

I have vagal afib, arthritis and neck-induced migraines that contribute to much agony. I have also notice that I have a lot of anger towards certain types of people. I am delusional. I freely admit. Anger makes my physical ailments worse.

We cannot see clearly when we are caught in anger. It is one of the three poisons.

I wish you enlightenment.

Please take care of yourself. 
You are already Buddha

May we see clearly the emptiness of all phenomena

raushan

• from India
    • S. N. Goenka switched to Samatha Forest Tradition
Re: Meditation is the best psychotherapy there is available.
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2021, 10:41:10 AM »

I have vagal afib, arthritis, and neck-induced migraines that contribute to much agony. I have also notice that I have a lot of anger towards certain types of people. I am delusional. I freely admit. Anger makes my physical ailments worse.

Bro, I would say don't let anger control your actions and behavior. It will create nothing but misery. Try to be really aware of it. Matthew is a role model here. He is suffering for many years now from serious physical ailment but he always seems to be in his control. I find He speaks always in a cheerful manner.

We cannot see clearly when we are caught in anger. It is one of the three poisons.

Well said, my friend. Anger is indeed a poison. When I look back I can realize how much decision I took to because of the aversion. and It leaves a void inside.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2021, 11:20:30 AM by raushan »