Author Topic: Vibrations after insight  (Read 314 times)

Vipassana_it

• Who are you?
    • vipassana
Vibrations after insight
« on: June 21, 2020, 11:23:20 AM »
I've been meditating for 1.5 years.
During the last month i noticed that when a tought brings me a sort of insight ( for example i notice that a old tought doesn't bring me the suffering it used to bring ) during a sit or just during a relax-mindful moment, i feel vibrations increasing in my mind and often i get increased body sensations awareness a bit later. Maybe it happend in the past, and just now i'm noticing it. Maybe not.
Have you ever experienced it?
What is that? A hormonal response caused by excitement or what else?

Emoint

• Who are you?
    • Emotional intelligence
Re: Vibrations after insight
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2020, 10:31:14 PM »
This is so how I feel but am affected differently. I ain't been meditating for as long as you mate but, recently a dear friend who I had been meaning to catch up with, for the past six years. When I finally got round to finding where he was, I'd lost his phone number etc etc, I had found out he had died in 2015. The wierdness I felt at thinking he was alive and only to find out he had been dead for 5 years, whilst I thought he was still living, left me nauseous. I was meditating and have come across him twice still in my body. The first time he rose in my thought, I felt a craving and grief and felt my stomach sweat. The 2nd time it was not so intense but it had moved to across my shoulders in a kind of trembling sensation. But within the trembling I felt release and self forgiveness, you know, a letting go of it. That's all I can relate to your post. It's emotion, not hormone I think

Dhamma

• May we all fulfill our deepest wish for happiness
    • I take from all Buddhist schools + some yogic schools
Re: Vibrations after insight
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2020, 02:28:38 AM »
This is so how I feel but am affected differently. I ain't been meditating for as long as you mate but, recently a dear friend who I had been meaning to catch up with, for the past six years. When I finally got round to finding where he was, I'd lost his phone number etc etc, I had found out he had died in 2015. The wierdness I felt at thinking he was alive and only to find out he had been dead for 5 years, whilst I thought he was still living, left me nauseous. I was meditating and have come across him twice still in my body. The first time he rose in my thought, I felt a craving and grief and felt my stomach sweat. The 2nd time it was not so intense but it had moved to across my shoulders in a kind of trembling sensation. But within the trembling I felt release and self forgiveness, you know, a letting go of it. That's all I can relate to your post. It's emotion, not hormone I think

Dear friend,

I am sorry to hear that your friend has died. I feel compassion for you, as it can be such a shock to our bodies and minds when we find out that someone we know dies. I offer you my deepest love and compassion.  :)

I hope that your dear friend has moved on to an even better life than his previous one.

Peace and enlightenment.
You are already Buddha