Author Topic: Twisting since one week  (Read 202 times)

marcodisco

• Who are you?
    • Vipassana / Mindfulness
Twisting since one week
« on: February 08, 2020, 09:34:48 AM »
Hi everybody!
I already introduced myself last week. I'm a newbie that likes to meditate (vipassana/mindfulness, twice a day, morning/evening  for one hour in total) and is really happy about the positive effects of it.
Nine days ago I had an hypnotherapy that made me so tired and since then I'm feeling so apathetic, but it can be a mixture of factors, but let's say anyway that it's "note me".

Already the morning before the therapy at one point during the meditation I started to twist, anticlockwise for maybe 10-15 minutes.
Since that day there is no session where I don't twist for at least 10 minutes, it can be even 20 or more (obviously I don't know exactly).
Twice happened also to fall on my back and to lay down for a while.
I have read that those behaviors are signs of stress that the body has to purge.

I'm not worried or something but I would like to ask if someone experienced that ( I searched in the forum but everybody is different...)  or even if I'm mistaking something.

Thanks in advance!!

raushan

• Staff
  • from India
    • S. N. Goenka switched to Samatha Forest Tradition
Re: Twisting since one week
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2020, 11:30:40 AM »
Hi Marco,

I have felt the twitching sensation. It went for like may be six months for me. I think you are right in guessing. Releasing negative feeling create that kind of sensation.

marcodisco

• Who are you?
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2020, 02:33:10 PM »
Thanks for the reply!
I think so also cause after the practice I feel extremely tired . Barely can stand up

stillpointdancer

• stillpointdancer
  • Retired teacher, deepening understanding of Dharma
    • Insight meditation
    • Exploring the results of 30 years of meditating
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2020, 12:18:08 PM »
During meditation we often become more aware of what our bodies are doing than normally, so we attribute that activity to meditation rather than something our bodies do on a regular basis. My back used to click a lot until I went to have it looked at. Turns out that my posture generally led to my spine being twisted out of shape which needed some manipulation to put straight.
“You do not need to leave your room. Remain sitting at your table and listen. Do not even listen, simply wait, be quiet, still and solitary. The world will freely offer itself to you to be unmasked, it has no choice, it will roll in ecstasy at your feet.” Franz Kafka

marcodisco

• Who are you?
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2020, 10:48:54 AM »
@stillpointdancer thanks!
Yes it can be even for me. I changed also my way to meditate (I'll ask something about it soon) and maybe I reached a "deeper" level (even if it doesn't look like that) that moves something inside me that in those month couldn't do cause was a more "superficial" level.