Author Topic: Which mindfulness method is better for you? Mindfulness become automatic...  (Read 738 times)

Thanisaro85

• When thoughts, sensations, feelings arise,know it
    • Reverend father Jaran, Pramote. Theravada
    • Still breathing.

Start from 18.49 , reverend father Pramote explained a bit of details regarding mindfulness need to be automatic and also different people may focus on different ways that suit them better.

https://youtu.be/Vu9Hu8kbdik.

The translations may not be understood fully due to ways of expression is different.
A Mind Unshaken, when touches by worldy matter, sorrowless, secure and dustless, this is the ultimate great blessing~ Mangala Sutta

mobius

• vipassana
thanks for posting these. I've subscribed to this channel; even though I must read subtitles (since I can't speak Thai or whatever) it's still really helpful. I've found his advice/teachings pretty useful.

Since meditating I've noticed that very slowly times which I 'automatically' or you might say 'accidentally' become mindful through-out the day are increasing. For example if I'm working for an hour, totally lost in thought; often stupid or repetitive things, I look up and like a sudden switch or like waking up from sleep it just happens. "Oh, here I am..." And sometimes I try to hold it and retain that alertness but usually it fades within a minute or so.  :D
"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Thanisaro85

• Still breathing.

Since meditating I've noticed that very slowly times which I 'automatically' or you might say 'accidentally' become mindful through-out the day are increasing. For example if I'm working for an hour, totally lost in thought; often stupid or repetitive things, I look up and like a sudden switch or like waking up from sleep it just happens. "Oh, here I am..." And sometimes I try to hold it and retain that alertness but usually it fades within a minute or so.  :D

In this video clip Venerable father Pramote has already been diagnosed with cancer and is undergoing chemo, that is why you can see that his speeches are strengthless/breathless. In some other video clip you will notice the condition is worse. There are quite a lot of his speeches in youtube but not all are english sub(Treasures lost). Most of the times he talked about to be aware of the mind and the body in the simplest form but the result is fantastic. He also illustrated which method is wrong, like the slow motion thing....

When one is working the mind need to think, as one is thinking for a solution,  an method or a reply, one cannot be totally but momentarily "mindful"( in meditation sense). Because when the conscious is mindful at the thought, the mind stop thinking or is interrupted.  His teaching clear my misunderstanding or wrong practising previously for mindfulness in daily activities. I am much happy and relax now because when i am out walking around,running errand,  i am constantly watching my mind and body, so my mind dun go wondering around in endless thoughts.

A Mind Unshaken, when touches by worldy matter, sorrowless, secure and dustless, this is the ultimate great blessing~ Mangala Sutta

dharma bum

• Certified Zen Master (second degree black belt)
    • vipassana
In one of his videos, Ajahn Brahm tells the story of a layman practisioner in Thailand who is informed by his doctor that he has a terminal disease and his response is to laugh. Ajahn Brahm says, "now that's a monk". I try to remind myself of this story when I'm troubled by some little thing.
Mostly ignorant

Thanisaro85

• Still breathing.
In one of his videos, Ajahn Brahm tells the story of a layman practisioner in Thailand who is informed by his doctor that he has a terminal disease and his response is to laugh. Ajahn Brahm says, "now that's a monk". I try to remind myself of this story when I'm troubled by some little thing.

Mindfulness of thoughts during daily activities really help....👍

Matthew

• The Irreverent Buddhist
  • Staff
  • Meditation: It's a D.I.Y. project.
    • KISS: Keep it simple stupid.
    • Getting nowhere slowly and enjoying every moment.
Mindfulness of thoughts during daily activities really help....👍

This is where the "rubber hits the road": how a meditator manifests qualities developed during practice in real life, and in their words and actions. Practice is called practice for a good reason :)
~oOo~     Tat Tvam Asi     ~oOo~    How will you make the world a better place today?     ~oOo~    Fabricate Nothing     ~oOo~