Author Topic: hallucinations  (Read 202 times)

mobius

• vipassana
hallucinations
« on: May 11, 2019, 02:08:34 AM »
I'm referring here to simple visual hallucinations like seing colors/shapes etc. Of course if you want to talk about more complex things go ahead.

Do you hallucinate while meditating (or otherwise)? I often do at nighttime and morning after waking up, but still half asleep. This is usually when the oddest or most interesting things seem to manifest for me.
If you'd like; share some artwork!

This is one that happened to me the other morning; The only thing I can't convey in the image is that the lines were not still but moving sort of like being on fire. And of course the feeling, which despite the image which looking at it now seems totally docile, is totally different when it's happening. When it happens it is weird, kind of scary. Maybe because it feels real, like you're entering another world or something.

It's funny because I had been organizing my wrenches the previous day so maybe that had an influence on this?  :D But still just... why does this happen? What is going on in this flawed brain we have?
"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Meditative

• Who are you?
Re: hallucinations
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2019, 01:24:35 AM »
I'm not really sure what's happening in our brains, but I often get some cool experiences. When sleeping I sometimes wake up feeling weightless and seeing a kleidoscope of many colors and geometric patterns. During meditation I usually see blobs of purple and green constantly warping shape and size. When I get deeper into a meditation and open my eyes, keeping them still, the world gets brighter, then darker, brighter, dark... like the environment is breathing. Maybe that's what happens when brainwaves slow down and the creative side of the brain becomes more active.