Author Topic: Stealing Fire...  (Read 94 times)

3rdeyeopen

• Who are you?
    • Mindfulness
Stealing Fire...
« on: February 11, 2019, 12:37:00 PM »
Just finished this book.

Although it is not strictly about meditation, it does dive into flow state deeply and how helpful it can be in all walks of life. How different people access flow and there is some parts dedicated to mediation and achieving flow this way.

Has anyone here read it or heard of it?

Middleway

• Just be a witness.
    • Vipassana as taught by Mr. Goenka - Switched to Shamatha
Re: Stealing Fire...
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 10:47:36 PM »
Moderator edit: Deleted website link to the blog from your signature. Note it is not allowed as per the forum rules you agreed to follow. Please do not post any commercial material on the forum. Thanks for your cooperation.
Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

tbarron

• Who are you?
    • instructions from The Mind Illuminated
Re: Stealing Fire...
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2019, 07:47:53 PM »
Just finished this book.

Although it is not strictly about meditation, it does dive into flow state deeply and how helpful it can be in all walks of life. How different people access flow and there is some parts dedicated to mediation and achieving flow this way.

Has anyone here read it or heard of it?

After seeing your note, I looked on Amazon and checked out one of Kotler's other books, The Rise of Superman: Decoding the Science of Ultimate Human Performance (it was available for free through Kindle Unlimited). I didn't read it particularly closely, but I was disappointed that he didn't seem to go into more detail about how to achieve flow. Does Stealing Fire contain detailed instructions?