Author Topic: New to this journey... Seeking information to walk towards the truth...  (Read 241 times)

Geo

• No school just Truth
Greetings to everyone and it is an honor for me to be here,

Firstly, I feel deeply grateful for being here and gathering some information on this journey for my personal trurh.

I apologize as well to all of you for not finding the right words to put my thoughts down to you.

I am new to this journey and i meditate on every day basis couple of months now. This helped me along with some personal issues and demons that were rooted inside me for years.

As I said i am not an advanced meditator but i strengthen my sessions each day.

The last couple of weeks i face an issue while meditate.

Almost 3/5 times after couple of minutes while i put down my pulses and i feeling relaxed breathing in and out all sudden i feel an instant shut down and falling asleep in a blink of an eye  but the body reacts fast and wakes my mind up within less than a second. Once i am set again this will happen after a while if I could continue with the session.

I do not know if I can put it down correctly so you can understand fully my thoughts but if anyone has a clue it would be very helpful for me and my sessions as well.

Please feel free to ask me anything and I will truly share any information I can.

Thank for just spending time to only to read my thoughts and i would love to have some information based on on your knowledge and experience.

Kindest regards,
George
I walked through the light, as i walked through the darkness, the one before and the one after...

Matthew

• The Irreverent Buddhist
  • Staff
  • Meditation: It's a D.I.Y. project.
    • KISS: Keep it simple stupid.
    • Getting nowhere slowly and enjoying every moment.
Almost 3/5 times after couple of minutes while i put down my pulses and i feeling relaxed breathing in and out all sudden i feel an instant shut down and falling asleep in a blink of an eye  but the body reacts fast and wakes my mind up within less than a second. Once i am set again this will happen after a while if I could continue with the session.

This sounds as though you are relaxing a little too much. Your body will then slouch and your breathing can become shallow. This makes you sleepy and would result in the conditions you have described.

Do you meditate with eyes open or shut? Where are you looking? I would suggest trying to meditate with eyes half open, looking at the floor about 1-2M in front of you and maintaining an upright posture and concentrating just a little more on the sensations of breathing.

You should find this helps.

Don't worry about words, yours describe well what you have experienced.

Welcome to the forum.

Kindly,

Matthew
~oOo~     Tat Tvam Asi     ~oOo~    How will you make the world a better place today?     ~oOo~    Fabricate Nothing     ~oOo~

Geo

• No school just Truth
 Hello again and thank you for reply,

Yes this happens while i have my eyes shut but i cannot say that my breathing becomes shallow because i focus on breathing in and out.

I will try out your tip with eyes half open and i will inform you one other following days if i see better results.

Thank you one more time for the interest and for having me here. As well there is lot of material to check out on this forum to update and upgrade myself.

Kindest regards,
George

I walked through the light, as i walked through the darkness, the one before and the one after...

georg7887

• Who are you?
Hello George,

every inbreath has a beginning, a middle and an end, every outbreath has a beginning, a middle and an end. Every beginning has a beginning, a middle and an end, every middle has a beginning, and so on.

If you fall asleep (and instantly awake afterwards), there may have been a (tiny) moment of unmindfulness, between observing your breath, falling asleep and recognizing it. Too much relaxation can e.g. lead to that state, as  Metthew described.

In the book mindfulness of plain english, this moment of unmindfulness you may have experienced is called drowsiness/lethargy, which is quite the opposit of mindfulness.: "Note when it arises, how long it lasts, and when it passes away."

It seems to me, that you became mindful again, when you recognizing the passing away part (awakening). The tricky thing is to catch drowsiness when it begins. If you miss that part, it leads to more drowsiness and this often leads to sleep.

To me, when things like drowsiness happen, it is helpful to ask myself: What was the last thing i remember/what brought me out of the track (e.g. inbreath, or thinking about ..., or feeling very relaxed, ...) and how long was I away (e.g 20 minutes, 10 seconds,..).

Maybe it will be of any help to you too.

Greetings, Georg