Author Topic: Sitting meditation question: 32 body point acknowledgement  (Read 268 times)

jt2121

• Who are you?
    • International Department Wat Phradat Sri Chomtong Voravihara
Sitting meditation question: 32 body point acknowledgement
« on: January 13, 2019, 03:32:46 PM »
Hello All,

This past June I completed my first 15 day vipassana course in Thailand (at the International Center of Wat Phradat Sri Chomtong Voravihara).  I was built up to acknowledge 32 body points while completing my sitting meditation (rise, fall, sitting, point one, rise, fall sitting, point two). 

Of course real life happened after the course and I am just now getting back to regular hourly practice (opposed to 15 min here and there).  I am trying to remember all 32 points and the specific order, but it is escaping me.  I understand that the point is not to hyper-focus on this and "getting it right", but I would like to just confirm the points/order.  I have tried looking online and have not been able to find anything in regards to this.  I understand I could email the center, but I feel funny about a random email several months after I have visited as I'm not sure my mentor is still there, etc.

I have been just going as far as I remember, I have enough to acknowledge in the meantime! I appreciate any guidance and wishing you all the best. 

raushan

• Staff
  • from India
    • S. N. Goenka switched to Samatha Forest Tradition
Re: Sitting meditation question: 32 body point acknowledgement
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2019, 05:16:47 PM »
i don't think here you will get the required information. Best is to email the centre. The centre will help you best in this regard.

jt2121

• Who are you?
    • International Department Wat Phradat Sri Chomtong Voravihara
Re: Sitting meditation question: 32 body point acknowledgement
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2019, 12:03:40 AM »
Thank you for this response...this makes sense.

All the best--