Author Topic: Bottom itch  (Read 450 times)

Josef Ruzicka

• Who are you?
    • Vipassana taught by S. N. Goenka
Bottom itch
« on: September 22, 2018, 02:39:56 PM »
Hi,

I know this is more of a health problem than something about meditation but I would like to know if anyone has experienced something similar.

When sitting for longer time than let's say 30 min (at school, doing Vipassana, at home,...), there is very unpleasant itching near my butthole. The doctor says I should wash it 3 times a day with a cold water and it should disappear...

Has anyone have any tip for this problem? It makes almost every sitting activity unpleasant, which is not the best in today's world. Thanks :)

dharma bum

• Certified Zen Master (second degree black belt)
    • vipassana
Re: Bottom itch
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2018, 01:19:29 AM »
could it just be a case of gas?
Mostly ignorant

Middleway

• Just be a witness.
    • Vipassana as taught by Mr. Goenka - Switched to Shamatha
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2018, 01:42:42 AM »
Has anyone have any tip for this problem? It makes almost every sitting activity unpleasant, which is not the best in today's world. Thanks :)

Follow your doctor’s advice.
Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

dharma bum

• Certified Zen Master (second degree black belt)
    • vipassana
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2018, 02:21:35 PM »
according to this book : The Empty Mirror: Experiences in a Japanese Zen Monastery by Janwillem van de Wetering, long hours of sitting meditation lead to haemorroids. everybody in his monastery used preparation h.
Mostly ignorant

Matthew

• The Irreverent Buddhist
  • Staff
  • Meditation: It's a D.I.Y. project.
    • KISS: Keep it simple stupid.
    • Getting nowhere slowly and enjoying every moment.
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2018, 05:24:21 PM »
according to this book : The Empty Mirror: Experiences in a Japanese Zen Monastery by Janwillem van de Wetering, long hours of sitting meditation lead to haemorroids. everybody in his monastery used preparation h.

:D
~oOo~     Tat Tvam Asi     ~oOo~    How will you make the world a better place today?     ~oOo~    Fabricate Nothing     ~oOo~

Matthew

• The Irreverent Buddhist
  • Staff
  • Meditation: It's a D.I.Y. project.
    • KISS: Keep it simple stupid.
    • Getting nowhere slowly and enjoying every moment.
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2018, 05:26:02 PM »
Long hours of sitting only lead to haemarroids if there is an underlying pathology.
~oOo~     Tat Tvam Asi     ~oOo~    How will you make the world a better place today?     ~oOo~    Fabricate Nothing     ~oOo~

stillpointdancer

• stillpointdancer
  • Retired teacher, deepening understanding of Dharma
    • Insight meditation
    • Exploring the results of 30 years of meditating
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2018, 12:26:35 PM »
You could try sitting on one of those inflatable rings. It may be that you are just getting too hot and need to find a way of sitting which can keep you cooler.
“You do not need to leave your room. Remain sitting at your table and listen. Do not even listen, simply wait, be quiet, still and solitary. The world will freely offer itself to you to be unmasked, it has no choice, it will roll in ecstasy at your feet.” Franz Kafka

Josef Ruzicka

• Who are you?
    • Vipassana taught by S. N. Goenka
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2018, 05:56:16 PM »
Thank you SP Dancer, that is awesome idea :)