Author Topic: meditation at work?  (Read 183 times)

aayushkr

• S N Goenka
meditation at work?
« on: August 21, 2018, 10:08:40 PM »
Hello fellow meditators!

• I wanted your thoughts/helpful pointers on how do you practise vipassana and/or annapanna at work. I am trying to expand my practise to beyond the formal sitting time and I wanted to get your thoughts on this open ended question. How do you -
    • Continue to remain aware and equanimous while doing tasks (lets say while writing code, or in meetings)
    • Observe distractions
    • When you are walking in the hallway or going to the bathroom or eating lunch
  • What do you put your focused attention on and observe during these different moments?

With Metta!

stillpointdancer

• stillpointdancer
  • Retired teacher, deepening understanding of Dharma
    • Insight meditation
    • Exploring the results of 30 years of meditating
Re: meditation at work?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2018, 10:33:47 AM »
The best way is to practice mindfulness, an extension of annapanna and which deals with 1,2 and 3. We are mindful of ourselves, our actions and our thoughts, and then extend that mindfulness to others. Your focused attention becomes what elements of this you take from the mat out into the world. You could say that this is Vipassana extended outwards.
“You do not need to leave your room. Remain sitting at your table and listen. Do not even listen, simply wait, be quiet, still and solitary. The world will freely offer itself to you to be unmasked, it has no choice, it will roll in ecstasy at your feet.” Franz Kafka

VipassanaXYZ

• Write something about yourself here
    • Goenka
Re: meditation at work?
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2018, 04:37:58 PM »

You will see, your work with the breath improves automatically, if you laid good foundations during the day- samadhi is deeply connected with shila and panya.

Read and reflect on the eightfold path and see you are applying all aspects of dhamma, making all limbs strong

https://www.audiodharma.org/teacher/1/