Author Topic: violent spasms  (Read 104 times)

Deufos

• Who are you?
    • mindfulness
violent spasms
« on: July 07, 2018, 02:09:26 AM »
Hello people, I'm having problems because of meditation. I get spasms whenever I pay attention to something. Very violent spasms that shake my body. And if I persist in paying attention, my whole body begins to shake. It is as if an energy is passing through the whole body, however, it never ends and it leaves me exhausted.
I think this was because I meditated the wrong way. In a forced way. And that caused an abnormal flow of energy within my body.
If anyone knows any way to help me, I would appreciate it.

raushan

• Staff
  • from India
    • S. N. Goenka switched to Samatha Forest Tradition
Re: violent spasms
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2018, 10:07:23 AM »
What kind of meditation you are doing?

Siddharth

• dampening oscillations towards the golden middle
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2018, 03:27:33 PM »
This happened to me in my first vipassana retreat. Without thinking much about why or how, I took it as some kind of divine obstacle in my path and stuck with the addithana sitting. I continued for the sittings of the day and then the next, but eventually phased away into a deep trance like state of relaxation.

I do not know if bearing with the pain is worth recommending but this is what happened to me. Although my samadhi is strong now, (i think majorly due to the above mentioned experience), I also at times feel that I am clinging to that trance state or relaxed state and not treading on the path efficiently (if something like that is possible).

I am mostly letting things take their natural course nowadays. I feel everyone's journey is through different paths, or in a way, there is no path, just bushes and we carve out our own path...

All i can say is to keep meditating, whichever kind of meditation seems right to you at this point. Persistence is under-rated. All doubts can disappear themselves by persistence, or so i have experienced.
And what is good, Phædrus,
And what is not good...
Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?

Deufos

• Who are you?
    • mindfulness
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2018, 05:33:49 PM »
I do mindfulness, a technique I learned in a book that consists of paying attention to every part of your body. Be aware of each member. And then he listened to his breath.

I also sharpened my other senses after meditation. That made them evolve, and my consciousness also evolved.

The problem is that I can not take advantage of all this, because whenever I try to pay attention I have spasms. I have managed to evolve, but I can not use it.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 05:38:12 PM by Deufos »

Nicky

• Pali
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2018, 12:54:26 PM »
I think this was because I meditated the wrong way. In a forced way. And that caused an abnormal flow of energy within my body. If anyone knows any way to help me, I would appreciate it.

If the body has an abnormal flow of energy; a high skilled acupuncturist can help. 

Also, you should avoid yoga, tai chi and other breathe exercises.

Hemp oil is cheap and can/might help.