Author Topic: Strong naussea and headache during meditation  (Read 143 times)

noticeble

• Who are you?
    • Mindfulness
Strong naussea and headache during meditation
« on: May 27, 2018, 12:34:38 PM »
So I am quite new at meditating, I am ramping up with basic 1,2,3 program on the headspace app from home.  :)

After about 2 weeks in it felt last 2-3 minutes like I was spinning around sitting still, I felt strong naussea after and puked, was really exhausted for the rest of the day.
I didn't (stupidly) not connect it to meditation, went on day after feeling great, with same effect last minutes, with spinning effect with a strong but not as strong naussea, a 9 out of 10 headache following being really tired, which friked up the rest of that day, I am healthy and not sick otherwise, took a break yesterday from meditation, felt great.

Meditation has really given me a lot even in such a short time, I would love to figure out what is happening so I can fix it, cause it is really unpleasant, so I can keep going, google is giving me really vague answers.
Cheers!

Matthew

• The Irreverent Buddhist
  • Staff
  • Meditation: It's a D.I.Y. project.
    • KISS: Keep it simple stupid.
    • Getting nowhere slowly and enjoying every moment.
Re: Strong naussea and headache during meditation
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2018, 05:50:39 PM »
I think Headspace have a forum called "The Orange Dot" or something? Members of this forum are generally meditating without the assistance of apps so I think you may find more help in a Headspace specific discussion area.

Kindly,

Matthew
~oOo~     Tat Tvam Asi     ~oOo~    How will you make the world a better place today?     ~oOo~    Fabricate Nothing     ~oOo~

noticeble

• Who are you?
    • Mindfulness
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2018, 02:20:44 PM »
I checked their own forum out, but it seems to have been locked for years, that's why I turned here.

Matthew

• The Irreverent Buddhist
  • Staff
  • Meditation: It's a D.I.Y. project.
    • KISS: Keep it simple stupid.
    • Getting nowhere slowly and enjoying every moment.
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2018, 03:17:00 PM »
Well, I wouldn't recommend using an app. Try the meditation instruction linked from the homepage. Shortcuts lead to poor results in meditation practice.
~oOo~     Tat Tvam Asi     ~oOo~    How will you make the world a better place today?     ~oOo~    Fabricate Nothing     ~oOo~