Author Topic: In Sedona, AZ, can you suggest a place for group meditation?  (Read 174 times)

Leigh

• Write something about yourself here
    • Secular
In Sedona, AZ, can you suggest a place for group meditation?
« on: March 19, 2018, 04:15:49 AM »
I was hoping someone with knowledge of the Sedona area might be able to suggest a group meditation practice a visitor can attend.  I’ll be visiting the area on an extended hiking trip.

I’m looking for something that doesn’t emphasize pseudoscience like energy healing, is not led by or tied to a person worshiped like messiah, does not require religious beliefs, and does not charge progressively more money based on a spiritual leveling system

I’m just wanting work work on the practice, the fundamentals, with ethical people.

Any feedback appreciated,
Thank you

raushan

• Staff
  • from India
    • S. N. Goenka switched to Samatha Forest Tradition
Re: In Sedona, AZ, can you suggest a place for group meditation?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 02:40:51 PM »
Culadasa. He is a good teacher in Arizona. You can watch his online videos.

https://dharmatreasure.org/upasaka-culadasa/.

Matthew

• The Irreverent Buddhist
  • Staff
  • Meditation: It's a D.I.Y. project.
    • KISS: Keep it simple stupid.
    • Getting nowhere slowly and enjoying every moment.
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2018, 04:24:25 PM »
A friend of mine was a journalist and she cut her teeth working for the "Sedona Journal of Awakening", where she write the answers to a column called, "Ask the Swami". She was, supposedly, replying to reader letters - but no readers ever wrote in, so she had to make up the letters and the answers!

I can't guide you to a good source in Sedona, yet if this is anything to go by you are wise to approach the matter eyes wide open.
~oOo~     Tat Tvam Asi     ~oOo~    How will you make the world a better place today?     ~oOo~    Fabricate Nothing     ~oOo~

deepdown

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2018, 10:52:12 PM »
What's the story with Sedona? Is it a place where a lot of spiritual people gather and/or live? I've heard it mentioned here and there, I could probably look it up,but maybe someone could give me a brief overview?