Author Topic: What was the intense flow of energy experienced in my brain?  (Read 275 times)

StephGolf

• Who are you?
    • beginner
What was the intense flow of energy experienced in my brain?
« on: January 29, 2018, 02:38:59 PM »
Hello,

I started meditating a few months ago, using a beginner's guide to learn the basics, and I rapidly made it a habit, as it helped me to better control my mind and emotions, to increase my focus and to be more productive in my work. I now meditate three times a week for half an hour.

During today's meditation, after focusing on my third eye until I could clearly feel the now familiar awareness and subtle energy building in the frontal part of my brain, I suddenly felt an intense flow of energy originating from there and irrigating my whole brain, particularly the place between the two hemispheres. This lasted for a while, maybe 20 to 30 seconds, then it stopped (or maybe I stopped it, being amazed but also a little afraid of this unfamiliar and powerful sensation).

After resuming the meditation, the energy gathered again in my third eye, more powerful again than before, and it flew again in my brain, in an extremely intense and powerful wave. My breathing became intense, my heart race increased, and my body started moving up and down with my breathing.  I felt overwhelmed by this experience, which lasted longer than the first time. I tried to direct this energy for a while, to irrigate my eyes and my whole body, as my meditation guide recommended me to do for the "inner smile", but the feeling was so intense that I decided to stop the meditation and just laid down for several minutes, feeling overwhelmed by this massive energy flow that I had just experienced.

What has just happened?

I feel that I need guidance, I am both intrigued and a little bit afraid of what may come next if I pursue my practice of meditation.

Vivek

• Staff
    • Advaita & U Ba Khin's tradition
Re: What was the intense flow of energy experienced in my brain?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2018, 03:07:09 PM »
I am unsure if you will get the kind of guidance you expect for the technique of meditation you are currently practicing, because this forum focuses on the Buddhist Vipassana meditation practices. Please go through the articles in the home page of this forum to understand what practices are discussed here.
Let's go beyond this illusion, shall we?