Author Topic: What are the benefits of the 10 day retreat?  (Read 419 times)

90sbb

• Who are you?
    • vipassana
What are the benefits of the 10 day retreat?
« on: January 18, 2018, 07:46:28 AM »
Im relatively new to meditation and was wondering what is the course? Is it just meditating with people or history on meditation like a school? I found out about meditating cause i have problems with racing thoughts and i think something spiritual because before i meditated my left foot always had a odd sharp pain and numbness on my left side its hard to explain and i felt like something was wrong with my lower back (like a emptiness) but since meditating it is slowly getting better. Only meditating helped i tried many things to fix my problems before so i thank god i found this. I usually meditate for 1 hr a day and was wondering if a course would further help me somehow. I sit Burmese style btw.

Laurent

• don't feed the troll
Re: What are the benefits of the 10 day retreat?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2018, 02:34:50 PM »
It is a great experience that will bring you a lot.
The benefits are those you usually expect from meditation: peace, joy, love... plus the possibility to enter deep level of meditation and purify some parts of your karma.
It is useless to speak about it, you have to go and see by yourself.

Vivek

• Staff
    • Advaita & U Ba Khin's tradition
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2018, 05:36:45 PM »
I think if you are serious about continuing with meditation, a 10 day course will act like a jump start and would provide the inspiration and momentum to continue practice at home. I suggest you do a thorough research regarding the different meditation retreats available near where you are located, before making a decision on which one to choose.
Let's go beyond this illusion, shall we?

90sbb

• Who are you?
    • vipassana
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 07:29:06 AM »
I thank both of you for your answers. I live in a pretty rural area but i will see what i can find.