Author Topic: Success stories, anxiety or insomnia  (Read 890 times)

oscarabeo

• Who are you?
    • Vipassana
Re: Success stories, anxiety or insomnia
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2018, 03:48:47 PM »
Hi all,

I can give a short update.

I've maintained the 2 hour a day practice.

Meditation hasn't helped me too much with my sleep in the last three months, at least with duration. I do have the feeling that my sleep is more efficient than it used to be -- sometimes 6 hours, or even 5.5, suffices. Before, the number of hours I felt I needed was probably closer to 8.

But meditation has helped miraculously with the heart palpitations. Despite no real decrease in work/life stress, I would say they're at about 20% of what they used to be (in frequency) and the number continues to decline. It's a result I am really pleased with.

I'll continue to keep you all posted. I am trying some other (non-drug) therapies to come out of this little sleep rut I'm in.

oscarabeo

Trojan1958

• Who are you?
    • Buddhist
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2018, 12:54:40 AM »
New here, and have only been meditating for 6 months. But this thread caught my eye because these were the reasons I started in the first place: Anxiety and the resulting sleeplesness. In those six months that problem has pretty much come to an end, however, I have not been in too many stressful situations. But I just wanted to comment on this because I ma new to the group today and new to Meditation 6 months ago.

oscarabeo

• Who are you?
    • Vipassana
« Reply #27 on: Today at 12:11:48 AM »
Hi Trojan1958,

I'd love to hear more about your story.

o.