Author Topic: Meditation combined with self hypnosis HELP!  (Read 62 times)

Exploranator

• Who are you?
    • Mindfullness
Meditation combined with self hypnosis HELP!
« on: January 08, 2018, 01:24:46 PM »
Hello!

I am currently undergoing a 8 week mindfullness course at home as I have an issue with overthinking and analysing over negative thoughts and emotions.

I've done a bit of mediating and hypnosis in the past and I think I benifit from both but I'm struggling with the concept that they may be counterproductive when used together?? As mindfullness seems to be more about acceptance where hypnosis is more about striving for a certain state.

After reading and listening to people like echart tolle and Sam Harris, I'm worried I'm identifying with the ego if I'm concentrating on positive thoughts rather than accepting things as they are, although as I said a I do think I could benefit from both (overthinking again!)

Has anyone got any advice on this.

Thank you. Shaun.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 01:26:20 PM by Exploranator »

raushan

• Staff
  • from India
    • S. N. Goenka switched to Samatha Forest Tradition
Re: Meditation combined with self hypnosis HELP!
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 12:53:30 AM »
Hi,

Yes i think both shouldn't be mixed. You are right both are having the different approach.
Trust the mindfulness process. If you do this properly you don't need to go to self hypnosis method.

Having overanalyzing mind is not a bad thing always. It becomes counterproductive when it thinks about negative stuff. When you apply it to problem solving you will find it is very useful.