Author Topic: New members introduction thread 2017 - present.  (Read 5222 times)

Matthew

• The Irreverent Buddhist
  • Staff
  • Meditation: It's a D.I.Y. project.
    • KISS: Keep it simple stupid.
    • Getting nowhere slowly and enjoying every moment.
Re: New members introduction thread 2017 - present.
« Reply #75 on: March 19, 2019, 01:06:00 AM »
Welcome to the forum Jamie.
~oOo~     Tat Tvam Asi     ~oOo~    How will you make the world a better place today?     ~oOo~    Fabricate Nothing     ~oOo~

Ysa@29

• Self-control is a strength. Calmness is a mastery.
    • self-practice
« Reply #76 on: March 25, 2019, 05:33:54 AM »
Hi, I'm a new member here, I was hoping that I will learn a lot from this site that could help me to improved practicing my meditation. I'm just new in meditation, mostly self-practiced. And as a beginner, I'm just doing some research of proper posture and other basic methods to practice. That's why I decided to join in this kind of forum site to learned new things from you guys. Thank you so much for accepting me here. :)

lukebayler

• Who are you?
    • Vipassana
« Reply #77 on: March 26, 2019, 05:48:43 PM »
Hello! Just introducing myself as I am a new member. I am here to learn from others about their practice and am also hoping to help others as well. Thank you for adding me as a member!

Matthew

• Staff
« Reply #78 on: May 25, 2019, 12:23:10 PM »
Welcome to the forum Luke.
~oOo~     Tat Tvam Asi     ~oOo~    How will you make the world a better place today?     ~oOo~    Fabricate Nothing     ~oOo~

Travis_Says_Hi

• Who are you?
    • Theravada
« Reply #79 on: July 04, 2019, 06:09:41 PM »
Hi friends! I’m Travis. I won’t bore you all with details about me. So suffice it to say; I’ve got a moderate amount of experience in meditating and vipassana and I use the Mahasi Sayadaw technique of noting

raushan

• Staff
  • from India
    • S. N. Goenka switched to Samatha Forest Tradition
« Reply #80 on: July 04, 2019, 07:14:12 PM »
Welcome to the forum Travis

Foxterrier

• Who are you?
    • Vipassana - Goenka
« Reply #81 on: July 17, 2019, 10:28:58 PM »
Hi everyone,

My name is Finnur and I’m very happy to be on this forum.

After dabbling in meditation for several years I did a 10 day Goenka-Vipassana retreat last May and have been keeping up the two hours a day so far.

Looking forward to hearing of other people’s experiences.

Matthew

• Staff
« Reply #82 on: July 21, 2019, 03:16:58 PM »
HI Finnur,

Welcome to the forum.

Dhruv

• Sila, Samadhi, Panna
    • Vipassana
« Reply #83 on: August 21, 2019, 07:08:52 AM »
Hello all. Myself Dhruv from India. I have completed 4 Vipassana courses - 3 ten-day and 1 Satippathana, as taught by SN Goenka, in the Sayagyi U Ba Khin tradition. I have also served in one 10-day course.

I try to maintain my daily practice. Most importantly I try to make sure that I apply Dhamma in real life.

I look forward to interacting with all you fellow meditators.

Metta to all!

eatyhappy2000

• Who are you?
    • N/A
« Reply #84 on: September 01, 2019, 12:05:35 AM »
Hey.

I've been meditating regularly since December 2017 at 15 years old (though I've meditated as early as childhood, just not regularly). I meditate a few times a week and am slowly making my sessions longer at the moment.

I'm also curious about your experiences with meditation

raushan

• Staff
  • from India
    • S. N. Goenka switched to Samatha Forest Tradition
« Reply #85 on: September 02, 2019, 10:43:54 PM »
Hey eatyhappy2000,

Welcome to the forum. Hope you will find it useful.

namitutonka

• nodoubt
  • Happily married since 1972, 6 kids, 4 grandchildre
    • Vipassana oldstudent S.N. Goenka 10-day course
    • Alive
« Reply #86 on: September 10, 2019, 07:16:44 PM »
My name is Aayush and I attended SN Goenka's 10 day vipassana course...I mostly rely on the dhamma.org app...

Thank you Aayush. I had never heard of the dhamma.org app.
My avatar is Wyatt & me November 2015. Wyatt passed away Sept. 7, 2019, caressing me with sadness, joy, and peace. Life is a river, changing at the blink of an eye.

Donman

• Who are you?
    • Theravada, Vipassana
« Reply #87 on: October 09, 2019, 11:22:44 AM »
Good Morning all
 Checking in from Florida. I was pretty serious about the meditation practice for several years but then some things happened and I strayed off the path. I resumed practicing a little while ago after some pretty serious health and stress related issues (probably related).
 Funny how the mind takes to meditation like a fish to water..
Anyway I look forward to discussions and learning from all you folks.
Thanks you

chazbc

• Who are you?
    • Theravada
« Reply #88 on: October 15, 2019, 06:05:00 PM »
Hello from Oklahoma, my name is Charles. I am a relative newbe to meditation as I have only been practicing for about 18 months now, two or three times a week. My teacher is Bhikkhu Santhapiya at The Oklahoma Buddhist Vihara, here in Oklahoma City.
Meditation has become a very rewarding experience and has allowed me to come to terms with a good deal of the suffering in my life.

Xielian

• Who are you?
    • Samatha, Metta
« Reply #89 on: October 17, 2019, 02:30:09 PM »
Hello everyone, I'm glad to join the community!  \( ̄▽ ̄)/

I'm a Russian guy currently staying in Beijing. I first started meditating in 2018, but made it part of my daily routine only 10 months ago.  Now I'm practicing various kinds of samatha meditations on breath, sounds and sights. I'd like to share my experiences with other members and get some advice. I'm also looking for a kalyana mitta (a dharma friend, or really anyone who's practicing any kind of meditation) from China or Taiwan.

Feel free to PM me ( ゚▽゚)/

dhammaseeker

• Who are you?
    • Vipassana as taught by S.N. Goenka
« Reply #90 on: October 18, 2019, 01:16:42 AM »
Hello People!

Hope you are all well. Glad to join this community.

On the meditation front only ever did Vipassana Goenka tradition and have been lucky enough to find a technique that suits me first time round.

I know some people tend to spend many years drifting from one technique to the next until they find one that fits their needs. Of course, for me personally this Goenka tradition is is the best fit but it would be wrong to think that it has a monopoly on dhamma. Hoping my stay here will allow me to respect and appreciate some of the other traditions without diminishing the personal relevance of my own tradition. A way to cultivate tolerance and understanding of other ways. Boy, I'm starting to sound a bit too serious  :D

I'm hoping to share, learn and grow. Good to be here peeps!

with metta  :)

Anand

• Who are you?
    • Vipassana
« Reply #91 on: October 21, 2019, 07:22:00 PM »
Hi Friends
I am Anand. Seeker eternal. I am following Vipassana regularly. I am engaged in social action for good governance and better world. But not happy. It seems to be a frustrating play. I am very much interested in 'Engaged Buddhhism' sort of things. Will share my thought soon.
Happy to connect. I was actually hunting for some such forum where I can share my thought. Not just intellectual activity. It should lead towards a sustainable better world from inside out, rather than somebody working from outside.
Many thanks Admin of this forum for creating this wonderful platform.
Mangal Bhav. Let there be auspiciousness everywhere.
Anand