Author Topic: My First Original Relaxing Track  (Read 1259 times)

DelightMeditationMusic

My First Original Relaxing Track
« on: March 23, 2017, 09:52:11 PM »
Hello My name is Lara as I said I make Meditation Music, I hope that I can help with my Music here.
It's a big pleasure to me today that I'm sharing with you my last production. and please I need your feedbacks thank you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sHbEfOkaz8
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 10:28:22 PM by DelightMeditationMusic »

Jsker

• Goenka and Mahasi
Re: My First Original Relaxing Track
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 02:13:25 AM »
Hi DMM, might be that listing to music whilst practicing vipassana is not advisable (unless it's Rockabilly, pretty sure that's fine)  ;)
Peace out

stillpointdancer

• stillpointdancer
  • Retired teacher, deepening understanding of Dharma
    • Insight meditation
    • Exploring the results of 30 years of meditating
Re: My First Original Relaxing Track
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 11:19:53 AM »
30 Views and no one feedback  :'(
I wouldn't equate vipassana with relaxation. That's not what it is for. There's nothing wrong with relaxing to music like that, for reducing stress levels and lowering blood pressure during relaxation meditation. However, the vipassana meditation state for me is more one of relaxed tension, maybe like an athlete waiting on the starting block, or a high diver waiting for the right moment to dive. If you see sports people listening to music coming out onto the field, you can bet that the last thing they want is music to chill by; that's for afterwards. My choice for vipassana is intelligent rock, such as Pink Floyd or the Moody Blues, or maybe even the Killers.
“You do not need to leave your room. Remain sitting at your table and listen. Do not even listen, simply wait, be quiet, still and solitary. The world will freely offer itself to you to be unmasked, it has no choice, it will roll in ecstasy at your feet.” Franz Kafka