Author Topic: Hey could you guys please help me out here?  (Read 667 times)

chad

• Who are you?
    • vispanna
Hey could you guys please help me out here?
« on: March 09, 2017, 01:55:59 PM »
hey i know this may sound a bit strange but could you please help me out here.
im trying to discover who i was in my former past life and i know it may not be acurate but i would just like to see what images people get. could you do this quick meditation for me?(you dont have to believe in past lives to do this but just do it for fun)
ok
1)sit comfortable take few deep breaths relax deeply
2)clear all thoughts,make mind completly blank.
3)once mind is clear ask yourself what 'my'(my past life,not yours) was
4)just wait until what ever images arises from the subnconsious then post them to me.

Middleway

• Just be a witness.
    • Vipassana as taught by Mr. Goenka - Switched to Shamatha
Re: Hey could you guys please help me out here?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 02:13:33 PM »
im trying to discover who i was in my former past life and i know it may not be acurate but i would just like to see what images people get. could you do this quick meditation for me?(you dont have to believe in past lives to do this but just do it for fun)
ok
4)just wait until what ever images arises from the subnconsious then post them to me.

The image that arose for me is the compost from which the vegetables were grown that I ate last night. So, in my past life 3 weeks ago, I was compost. I have been doing body contemplation of satipattana sutta lately and perhaps it explains this image of compost arising in my mind.
Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

chad

• Who are you?
    • vispanna
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 04:21:58 PM »
ok

The image that arose for me is the compost from which the vegetables were grown that I ate last night. So, in my past life 3 weeks ago, I was compost. I have been doing body contemplation of satipattana sutta lately and perhaps it explains this image of compost arising in my mind.
thank you.veyr interesting.

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2017, 09:17:30 AM »
Image of the restaurant I had my breakfast 10 days ago.

stillpointdancer

• stillpointdancer
  • Retired teacher, deepening understanding of Dharma
    • Insight meditation
    • Exploring the results of 30 years of meditating
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2017, 02:31:58 PM »
Tried this many years ago for a few weeks, using a visualization of crossing a misty bridge over a river. I stopped when it became rather unsettling, rather than being fun.
“You do not need to leave your room. Remain sitting at your table and listen. Do not even listen, simply wait, be quiet, still and solitary. The world will freely offer itself to you to be unmasked, it has no choice, it will roll in ecstasy at your feet.” Franz Kafka