Author Topic: Manifesting  (Read 5031 times)

mdr

• Write something about yourself here
    • Ji Goenka
Re: Manifesting
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2017, 08:11:18 PM »
Mdr- I remember you telling me about the heart attack in a forum discussion like 2 weeks after it happened. I'm really glad you are alive! It's so great to be alive  :) :)

Thanks, dear  :)

By the way I meditated with some Buddhist monks yesterday.

Aww, that's too cool! Where do you live? I envy you (in a good way ;))

At the end of the meditation we did a visualization where we imagine expanding feelings of love and peace throughout the world and cosmos. They told me that when the mind is silent, it has exponentially greater power. The body really is the mind... Mind over matter!
Awesome! When i read this part, it's as if i felt that too! Keep up the good work!

mettajoey

• If you follow the standard allowable path, you'll get standard allowable results
  • Share the love
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2017, 03:32:21 PM »
Okay enough talking, time to experience!!

Yay!!
The best type of meditation is the one that you'll do

Meditative

• Who are you?
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2017, 04:58:05 PM »
Mdr I live in the Seattle, WA area. Here's a link to the Buddhist center I went to: http://meditationseattle.org/

Scientific research on the benefits of this technique are listed in this Wikipedia page https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dhammakaya_meditation

I understand that Dhammakaya gets a bad rap but my intuition tells me these monks truly want to help. They are extremely nice and say you don't have to believe in anything to learn their technique (although they do talk a good bit about past lives, ending the cycle of rebirth and things like that). All their classes and teachings are free, they never ask anything in return. Although they do rely on food donations. I'm excited to learn as much as I can.

MettaJoey  :D As you said it's intoxicating to get lost in symbols and ideas.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 05:13:22 PM by Meditative »

mdr

• Write something about yourself here
    • Ji Goenka
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2017, 07:31:54 PM »
Mdr I live in the Seattle, WA area. Here's a link to the Buddhist center I went to: http://meditationseattle.org/

Scientific research on the benefits of this technique are listed in this Wikipedia page https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dhammakaya_meditation

I understand that Dhammakaya gets a bad rap but my intuition tells me these monks truly want to help. They are extremely nice and say you don't have to believe in anything to learn their technique (although they do talk a good bit about past lives, ending the cycle of rebirth and things like that). All their classes and teachings are free, they never ask anything in return. Although they do rely on food donations. I'm excited to learn as much as I can.

Lucky you! I would do the same if i had the chance. The nearest Buddhist monastery from here... Ugh, i don't think there is any in Balkans, not that i know of. Oh, well... Enjoy  :)

Matthew

• The Irreverent Buddhist
  • Staff
  • Meditation: It's a D.I.Y. project.
    • KISS: Keep it simple stupid.
    • Getting nowhere slowly and enjoying every moment.
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2017, 04:41:16 PM »
I like the science behind some of this stuff. People noticed that if someone had a broken leg, the leg would heal faster if the good one was exercised. Then they dug deeper into the whole thing and found that if someone visualized the broken leg being exercised, it again healed faster than otherwise, with less physiotherapy needed afterwards. In terms of what happens to you in life, I don't think you can manifest good stuff happening to you, but you can be receptive and open to change.

Visualising moving a broken leg will activate the motor neurons associated with those movements. Even if the leg is in a plaster cast there will be subtle signals that reach the muscles and perhaps even engage them to some extent.

Manifesting is not some magick art linked with moon cycles and other woo. It is a question of working with reality (to the extent we can see it, not our habits) to effect wholesome change.
~oOo~     Tat Tvam Asi     ~oOo~    How will you make the world a better place today?     ~oOo~    Fabricate Nothing     ~oOo~