Author Topic: New book, the vipassana experience  (Read 568 times)

behappy123

• Who are you?
    • vipassana
New book, the vipassana experience
« on: January 02, 2017, 08:08:36 AM »
Hi all,

I was so enamored by the vipassana experience I wanted others to know about it. I have attached a PDF copy of the book here and it is available in the amazon store.  For those who have a subscription it is available for free in the amazon kindle store, otherwise it's unfortunately 0.99 (minimum price :(, sorry ).  I have attached it here.  Please feel free to pass this copy to anyone else.  Thank you, and be happy :)

Btw if it is not free on the kindle store and you have a subscription for kindle unlimited, let me know, it should be free....grrr
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 08:13:59 AM by behappy123 »

playground

• m i n d f u l n e s s
    • : )
Re: New book, the vipassana experience
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 02:07:20 AM »
Hi BeHappy123,

Thanks for sharing your book. :)

I've just been flicking through it... i've not read it from cover to cover (yet)
I notice that the 10 day Vipassana allows only 6.5 hours.

I like to get up later and i feel especially good after 10 hours sleep.
(I slept 10 hours last night, and the night before... but i can get by on 8)

What happens, i wonder, when people oversleep ?
Do they get dogmatic and tyrannical about that ?

What was breakfast ? 
What was lunch ? 
What was dinner ?

be happy :)

« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 02:12:45 AM by playground »

behappy123

• Who are you?
    • vipassana
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2017, 10:40:49 AM »
I know there was a day that I overslept and I felt like ninjas to make up the time which is ridiculous because the rumen is already gone :(. However you will come to a point where you will want to spend more and more time here because it is just that amazing.

For good times, if you miss them, they are gone.  There is no munching or snacking, outside of the designated times.  However since there isn't all that much mobility food isn't really an issue.  Also the 6.5 to 7 hours of sleep is actually adequate since the body doesn't do much activity throughout the day.

Food content for breakfast and lunch is similar, main vegetarian meals, optional coffeees and teas with some biscuits.  The center I went to had deserts as well.  The evening was really light, only teas and biscuits.

I wouldn't worry too much about food and sleep since the body requires little of each to sit and meditate all day :)

behappy123

• Who are you?
    • vipassana
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2017, 08:05:40 AM »
Hi all,

Hope all is well in the land of dhamma :)

Attached is the most recent updated copy of my thoughts and experiences after attending multiple 10-day sessions.

I recently just attended my third 10-day session and can seriously say that yes I'm getting "attached" but more to the effects and the technique itself.  I have further understood A) why it is so difficult and B) how to practice properly for myself.

I will probably be going back in January for another 10-day only because I feel as though this technique promotes the true self.

My hope is that this helps others, and if there are any incorrect statements/ideas that I have expressed, please tell me and I will work to rectify them so both myself and others can benefit.

- Be Happy  :)

PS. This will most likely not be the final version  :-\

Matthew

• The Irreverent Buddhist
  • Staff
  • Meditation: It's a D.I.Y. project.
    • KISS: Keep it simple stupid.
    • Content.
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2017, 12:42:58 AM »
What is the true self?
~oOo~     Tat Tvam Asi     ~oOo~    How will you make the world a better place today?     ~oOo~    Fabricate Nothing     ~oOo~

Dharmic Tui

• Something
    • Some Theravada, some secular
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2017, 06:53:25 AM »
No self.