Author Topic: Mastering The Core Teachings of The Buddha by D.Ingram  (Read 3438 times)

Morning Dew

Mastering The Core Teachings of The Buddha by D.Ingram
« on: August 24, 2011, 10:43:08 PM »
Now even available in a pocket book format :) cute!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mastering-Core-Teachings-Buddha-Unusally/dp/1904658407/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1314221914&sr=1-1

I ordered one this week and waiting to get it in the next few days  ;D

Seriously down to earth teachings.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 10:48:03 PM by Che Guebuddha »

Andrew

• friends tell me things, sometimes I listen.
    • Letting Go.
Re: Mastering The Core Teachings of The Buddha by D.Ingram
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 02:00:01 AM »
ordered.  :-*
getting it done

Obol

• whatever works
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 06:40:24 PM »
'The Arahat' -  a little ambitious perhaps?

pvr

• Write something about yourself here
    • Vipassana
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2014, 10:55:55 PM »
im looking for a beginner's level book on the teachings of the Buddha, that can accompany my meditation practice. can anyone please suggest me some book.

-thanks,
PR

Turiya

• Who are you?
    • Theravada
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2016, 10:33:59 PM »
Just read the e book from Amazon, still chewing it over. A few quick comments, it's very much a personal idiosyncratic account, heavy on technique, he does not go into the Jhanas as much as I expected. Could be inspiring for many in the sense : " you can do it too, in this life if you practice hard enough". There is something of the meditation junkie there too. for my taste a little too much immaturity as a human being and too much of  "me" . Not dismissing it outright. I did not return it as I Do with rubbishy ebooks. The Aharat claim is a little silly. Worth a read ? Yes.

tbarron

• Who are you?
    • instructions from The Mind Illuminated
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2019, 01:03:33 AM »
Daniel has updated Mastering the Core Teachings of the Buddha with a second edition. It's also available for free on his website:

https://www.mctb.org/

I read it recently and found some of the "map" information (listing various states, the order they usually occur in, etc.) very helpful. He also has a thorough discussion of the Pit of the Abyss ("Dark Night" in Western traditions) and skillful ways of managing those states.