Author Topic: Alergy curing with "release" meditation  (Read 2728 times)

Ripian

• Who are you?
    • Nature connecting?!
Alergy curing with "release" meditation
« on: October 21, 2016, 01:16:08 AM »
Hi. I have allergy for some things that get into nose(fungus,water in lake,specific kinds of smokes, dust) for 2 years. Only about 4 months ago i learned that meditation(specifically "release " one) can help reduce symptoms. I lazy person who only meditate only 10 minutes at average of 3 days per week but still i got huge effect, and i was shocked then i could swim at pool for small amount of time and next day i was completely fine. Still i have allergy and it would be good to eliminate it, so i can sleep at grandmas village house and enjoy nature(presumably house got a lot of micro funguses in air that cause allergy).

So here comes question , could you completely cure allergy with help of meditation?

From what i have read ,you can , but only every 1 in 5 sources say that you can , other say that it only reduce symptoms, and that why i writing this thread for clarification. If i start to meditate for about 1h a day, 7 days a week with very strong conscious thought to cure allergy/release bad energy-thoughts could i get rid of allergy? And how do you think how much it would take weeks/months to do so?

Thanks.

Middleway

• Just be a witness.
    • Vipassana as taught by Mr. Goenka - Switched to Shamatha
Re: Alergy curing with "release" meditation
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2016, 02:32:27 AM »
There is no correlation of cause and effect in this case. It's like saying I brush my teeth every night before I go to bed. Therefore, brushing my teeth causes me to fall asleep. There could be a number of reasons for relief of your allergy symptoms. Or it could just be placebo effect.

Welcome to the forum. If you think meditation is helping you, all the more reason to continue. Good luck. May it bring you peace of mind.
Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Ripian

• Who are you?
    • Nature connecting?!
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2016, 11:02:26 PM »
Thank for warming welcoming to forum. Still i mist disagree with you , in most situations allergy is a cause of our bad emotions/thoughts being kept in our mind/soul  (here i mean in world of spiritually and not medicine). By meditating on "realeasing"/"forgiving" those bad emotions/thoughts i get a relief and a greater resistance to symptoms(here i would say that tiredness cause me to go to bed in your example).    Thing is there is still an "sickness" called  ALLERGY i have. So that why i ask if i continue meditating can i completely cure allergy? I asking this because in most sources people agree that meditation give relief, but not all sources say that you can cure completely it.

If you still dont understand what i mean just say it , i will try to explain it from other perspective :) .

Middleway

• Just be a witness.
    • Vipassana as taught by Mr. Goenka - Switched to Shamatha
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2016, 03:00:13 AM »
I have been suffering from spring allergies over last several years and past year was particularly bad. I have been meditating fairly regularly for almost three years now and it does not seem to help with my allergies. That said, body and mind are interconnected. If meditation makes your mind calmer and more at peace, then your body will likely feel better too. Maybe a calm and peaceful mind may improve your body resistance to illnesses including allergies perhaps. As for my own experience, I did not see any correlation of cause and effect of meditation on my allergies.
Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2016, 09:33:32 AM »

So here comes question , could you completely cure allergy with help of meditation?

Thanks.

I had dust and cold allergy. I used to sneeze non stop in these condition. This was before i came across meditation. I went to doctors and even knew the reason for it and explained to them that everytime these conditions arise there comes very strong and sharp sensations in nose and this is the sensation of mucus release. when the sensations become uncontrollable i sneeze and sneeze and sneeze. Doctor had no idea what i was talking and used to just give some medicines which never really helped.

then came vipassana for the rescue. more i brought these sensations to awareness and remained equanimus more and more of it came and may be after 2 or 3 years all sensations emptied and i am free of this allergy.

Ripian

• Who are you?
    • Nature connecting?!
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2016, 12:31:56 PM »
Thanks guys for you stories, i found info i needed in them. Thanks you again. :D