Author Topic: Gap beetween inhalation and exhalation  (Read 1857 times)

Olivier753

• Who are you?
    • None
Gap beetween inhalation and exhalation
« on: September 21, 2016, 08:43:56 AM »
Hello every body, when Im doing breath awareness meditation there is something that disturb me a little, where to focus during Those spaces Between inhalation and exhalation because my mind start to chatting but dont know where to look.. Do breathing have to Be like circular to suppress Those moments ?  Im lost  :/

Artisticwatching

• What a mystery we are
    • Vipassana
Re: Gap beetween inhalation and exhalation
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2016, 11:38:15 AM »
With me in between I try to focus on the sensation of my lips touching, or the feeling of sitting.

Hope this helps
Live where the headlights shine

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2016, 03:18:39 PM »
As you relax more the in between breath gap increases more. In this time visual thoughts arise and grab attention easily. I just observe this phenomenon and observe thought rising and falling. Also the breath(air coming in and going out) might not be there but sensations of breath cycle will be there. I observe this also.

Olivier753

• Who are you?
    • None
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2016, 04:52:07 PM »
Thank you for helping me ! So there are not really some '' rules'' to Apply ? so its possible to focus on some other object during Those pauses thats right,  Maybe Im asking too much question on the technique :/what People traditionnaly do during Those times ?

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2016, 08:42:13 PM »
Just note there is no breath at the moment.

SamarthGodara

• I am a psychologist, i am a regular meditator.
    • I practise meditation of my own
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2016, 09:07:05 AM »
Hello olivier,
The thing about breathing activity is that you should just think about your breathing and observe while doing nothing. just observe your breath. You cant have any other thoughts if you are observing your breath, if you find it hard to observe for long time, then i must say that it comes with practice. Its better to try different meditation activity everyday day.
Moderator note: Don't post links to external websites which serve self-promotion.