Author Topic: What is this & why???  (Read 1459 times)

CaseyR86

• Write something about yourself here
    • None
What is this & why???
« on: November 24, 2015, 05:24:22 PM »
Hi everyone!
I'm not really new to meditation, but recently I got a lot better at it. In being able to get very relaxed & focused. Lately when I've been meditating, once I get relaxed, & clear my mind I begin to feel strange sensations. Strange things I've never felt before. I get to a point where I don't feel my body anymore. Most of the time my hands even feel like they are falling asleep. After that I start to feel as though I'm drifting down & back. Sometimes I feel like I'm expanding. Yesterday when I was meditating I felt this incredibly strong pull to the right. I felt that mostly in my head. The pull was so strong I almost thought I was going to fall over. It was like I was being sucked into a vacuum by my head. I've scoured the Internet looking for answers as to what these feelings are & what causes them. I've read a lot of things that say to just ignore these feelings. I usually acknowledge them for a moment & then go on about my meditation. Just wondering if anyone here may know what these feelings are & what causes them.

Matthew

• The Irreverent Buddhist
  • Meditation: It's a D.I.Y. project.
    • Buddhism is a practical psychology and philosophy, not a religion.
    • If you cling to view, you must know this limits your potential.
Re: What is this & why???
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 08:37:15 PM »
Hi Casey,

You won't find answers by reading on the internet or in books. You will only find them by not clinging to these experiences, developing equanimity towards them, and seeing, if they persist, what the constituent parts of them are. They may be signs of progress or of diversion - only you can find out. The quickest way is not through further intellectualising but through deeper personal investigation of the experience.

Kindly,

Matthew
~oOo~     Tat Tvam Asi     ~oOo~    How will you make the world a better place today?     ~oOo~    Fabricate Nothing     ~oOo~

CaseyR86

• Write something about yourself here
    • None
Re: What is this & why???
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2015, 12:26:23 AM »
Matthew, thank you for reading & replying, also for your helpful info. I think you're right about not finding the answers on the Internet or in books. The more I meditate the more I realize that the answers we look for in life, in anything are actually inside of us. Upon further exploration of our inner being is where those answers lie. I feel as though the sensations I've felt is me letting go of my physical being & connecting to my spiritual being. The sensing of my energy field. You're also right in that only I could decide whether these things are progress or diversion. I feel they are progress, it's very exciting! Again, thank you for help, your words inspired me to search through deeper personal investigation of my experiences ; )