Author Topic: Blind areas  (Read 1199 times)

7homas

• Write something about yourself here
    • Goenka Vipassana
Blind areas
« on: August 23, 2015, 06:45:02 AM »
Ive been meditating almost daily since three years ago when I did a 10day Goenka retreat. Back then almost all my body was blank/blind and when I did the bodyscanning and stayed on a blank area for a while sometimes some shortlived itches would appear. My body is basically as blank as when I started. It is probably dumb to ask how long it will take to feel sensations through the whole body, but would be interesting to hear your stories if you have any.

Re: Blind areas
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2015, 07:14:32 AM »
If you can concentrate on remaining equanimus towards the sensations more and more sensations come on the surface layer of the mind. Keep checking your equanimity every moment of your meditation.

Re: Blind areas
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 12:58:14 PM »
Hi. I 'Ve been meditating for  6 years,been on 5  10 day retreats .while observing a particular part of my body.after doing anapana I will notice sensations in parts of the body but when I observe a particular part it's very very rare to feel any sensations.on the first retreat I believe I experienced banga and when I went home and meditated I was disappointed ( I'm sad to say)not to feel the sensations. i wanted to feel like I felt on the retreat.even to this day I still get excited when I can feel some sensation But it will only disappear.  its been a journey.what to do.i just keep on meditating.i hope you get something from this and don t take a similar path.regards martin'o