Author Topic: (Meditation) Mindfulness channel on youtube  (Read 2104 times)

onslaught

• Write something about yourself here
    • Mindfulness
(Meditation) Mindfulness channel on youtube
« on: June 24, 2015, 03:38:06 PM »
Hi everybody!

Does anyone know if there is a youtube channel (not just one video) with the topic of mindfulness or meditation in general. I know there are a couple of those but they are not really what I am looking for.  I dont like it to spiritual. So a Hippie in a tent who posts videos every week is not what I am looking for. My ideal would be that Jon Kabbat-Zinn had a youtube channel with different meditations or videos discussing the topic. I dont know if something like that or something similar exits but if anyone has a tipp for me I would really appreciate it!

David

Pacific Flow

• Goenka Vipassana
Re: (Meditation) Mindfulness channel on youtube
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 12:19:39 AM »
Hi David,

That'd be interesting indeed. I haven't found one myself but i am hoping someone has and will share it here.
Since you are familiar with MBSR and related studies, do you know wether it is possible to study this subject at a university without holding a previous degree? I have the german "abitur" which is similar to english a-levels or the french bachaloreat i believe.

Cheers
Marco

Matthew

• The Irreverent Buddhist
  • Staff
  • Meditation: It's a D.I.Y. project.
    • KISS: Keep it simple stupid.
    • Getting nowhere slowly and enjoying every moment.
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 04:11:48 AM »
Hi David,

Welcome to the forum. It's not a Youtube channel per se but have you checked the video section of our library out yet? You could add to it yourself if you find useful material.

I'll add a Jon Kabbat-Zinn/MBSR/Insight school subforum if you feel that would be a help.

Warmly,

Matthew
~oOo~     Tat Tvam Asi     ~oOo~    How will you make the world a better place today?     ~oOo~    Fabricate Nothing     ~oOo~

onslaught

• Mindfulness
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2015, 03:20:32 PM »
Hi Marco,

I am from Austria, so we both could speak german, but for others to understand it I will keep writing in english. I am not aware that there is any sort of university course that you can take. Jon Kabat-Zinn is a medical doctor others who do research on that topic are either medical doctors aswell, psychologists or neuroscientists. There is no university degree in mindfulness or MBSR. However in Austria and Germany you can take courses to be a certified MBSR instructor. No formal degree is necessary to do that but there are other qualification limits you nedd to fulfill to get accepted.

Hi Matthew,

thanks for your reply. I will make sure to check it out. Yes, a subforum for Jon Kabat Zinn would be great.

David

Matthew

• The Irreverent Buddhist
  • Staff
  • Meditation: It's a D.I.Y. project.
    • KISS: Keep it simple stupid.
    • Getting nowhere slowly and enjoying every moment.
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2015, 04:20:27 PM »
Hi David,

I am from Austria, so we both could speak german, but for others to understand it I will keep writing in english.

Thank you for sticking to English on the forums - as the forum is international we have an unwritten rule not to use other languages unless in exceptional cases. This does not stop you conversing via PM in any language of course :)

I am not aware that there is any sort of university course that you can take.

The Centre for Mindfulness Research and Practice at Bangor University in Wales offer a teacher-training course leading to qualifications to teach Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) and Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR). Details can be found here:

http://www.bangor.ac.uk/mindfulness/training.php.en

Hi Matthew,

thanks for your reply. I will make sure to check it out. Yes, a subforum for Jon Kabat Zinn would be great.

Done, you'll find it here ... added a video of JKZ at Google (you'll have seen this one I'm sure).

Best,

Matthew
~oOo~     Tat Tvam Asi     ~oOo~    How will you make the world a better place today?     ~oOo~    Fabricate Nothing     ~oOo~