Author Topic: In the womb  (Read 1560 times)

VipassanaXYZ

• Write something about yourself here
    • Goenka
In the womb
« on: April 08, 2015, 10:42:27 AM »
I was just wondering:

While meditating I felt as if I was working on some fears/anxieties. Seems to me that I absorbed these fears/mindsets in the mother's womb when I was floating there.
Well, it is all getting straightened out now so am not really bothered where it came from, as long as I am equanimous, continuous and thorough :)

I remember another meditator talking that she remembered her birth!
Any other experiences, does this happen often?!

Quardamon

• Teachers were: P.K.K. Mettavihari, Frits Koster, Nel Kliphuis. (In the line of Mahasi Sayadaw)
Re: In the womb
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2015, 08:10:36 PM »
In my view, there is an area where one is not sure whether one has recollections of a true past. I once had a memory(?) from before I was 1 year old. I checked with my mother, whether that could have happened, the thing I remembered. She came up with a story that she would never have told, if I had not started with telling what I had experienced. The story told me much about my parents, and what was going on in the family around the time of my birth.
So in the end I do not know, to what extend it was symbolically true, and to what extend is was physically true.

Matthew

• The Irreverent Buddhist
  • Staff
  • Meditation: It's a D.I.Y. project.
    • KISS: Keep it simple stupid.
    • Getting nowhere slowly and enjoying every moment.
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 03:48:33 PM »
Hi poojavassa,

Earliest memory I have since becoming a meditator is when I was 7-8 months old, laying in the pram in the back garden of our house where I grew up, in the spring sunshine. My two eldest brothers came up and put a large spider on me and laughed as I squirmed around and it climbed all over me. It is 100% accurate memory of an event that took place (remembering cured me of my phobia of spiders!).

I do not doubt it is possible to remember birth and being in the womb.

Glad it is getting straightened out.

Kindly,

Matthew
~oOo~     Tat Tvam Asi     ~oOo~    How will you make the world a better place today?     ~oOo~    Fabricate Nothing     ~oOo~

VipassanaXYZ

• Write something about yourself here
    • Goenka
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2015, 09:57:20 AM »
Thanks Matthew.