Author Topic: I would just like to say how beautiful a djhana is  (Read 1184 times)

Jeremy

• Write something about yourself here
    • Vipsssana
I would just like to say how beautiful a djhana is
« on: February 10, 2015, 06:55:52 AM »
Just came out of maybe 2 minutes of djhana. Such a beautiful experience. So calm now. It's like coming back to life after a 2 week solitary vacation in a cabin hut in the forests.

White light at the same time as sensing something turning in my brain while I feel my body float. Then colours in the light. I dive into them.

Yesterday, I felt body float and white light briefly, 2 seconds.

The only times I've been able to enter dhjana is when I follow Ajahn Brahm's instructions. Right now, it's not too stable, like the Wright brothers trying to take off. Maybe with practise it will be a predictable and smooth take off every time. I would also like to fly for longer.

Now I have to get to work. Thanks.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 06:58:29 AM by Jeremy »

Jeremy

• Write something about yourself here
    • Vipsssana
Re: I would just like to say how beautiful a djhana is
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 07:20:25 AM »
This meditation thing is like flying a plane. "What plane?" you ask. I don't see any plane.

The plane is there, they say. Close your eyes, empty your mind, and it will appear.

You endure hours, cumulatively, of sitting with eyes closed. No plane.

Then one day, you give up. frik the plane. Just as you do, you see the plane. "Oh, there it is. It's so big and obvious. How did I miss it?"

Then, there is this guy who gave instructions on how to fly the plane. In a crytic, repetitive language. From a grove up in the Himalayas. You climb into cockpit. It feels so unfamiliar.

Now, with these instructions and lots of trial and error, you try to take off.