Author Topic: pure view  (Read 1348 times)

Alistair

• Write something about yourself here
    • vipassana
pure view
« on: December 30, 2014, 09:04:51 PM »
So I've been meditating for about 4 years now and about a year back I started to have these moments of pure view/awareness, where there is no person behind it, no memories, no attachments and no thoughts just this seeing. At first I found this quite frightening and still have a little bit of fear left as ``the I´´ does not participate in this state of being and neither do the attachment to the people I love. I've noticed one thing about this state and that is that it's always the same and have always been the same since I was born (Intuition tells me that)   
   I only have this kind of view when focusing on it but they become easier to achive the more I meditate.

Was wondering If you guys have had any similiar states and how to go about them

Kind Regards
Alistair

Nicky

• Pali
Re: pure view
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 12:25:59 AM »
Hi Alistair

The scriptures state the 'pure view' is not only to be developed but it itself is the meditative development of the mind.

Kind regards
Nicky

Luminous, monks, is the mind. And it is freed from incoming defilements. The well-instructed disciple of the noble ones discerns that as it actually is present, which is why I tell you that — for the well-instructed disciple of the noble ones — there is development of the mind.

Pabhassara Sutta

Matthew

• The Irreverent Buddhist
  • Meditation: It's a D.I.Y. project.
    • KISS: Keep it simple stupid.
    • Getting nowhere slowly and enjoying every moment.
Re: pure view
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2015, 05:45:56 AM »
It sounds as though you are 'crossing the Rubicon' into deeper meditation. All defilements including attachment will start to burn up - you won't love those near to you less but differently, with less expectation (expectation is born out of attachment to the other fulfilling your nerds) - and compassion for even the most deluded people you meet will grow and be purer.

As with all meditative states develop it to the full then let go of it and see where the rabbit hole goes next ...

Kindly, Matthew
~oOo~     Tat Tvam Asi     ~oOo~    How will you make the world a better place today?     ~oOo~    Fabricate Nothing     ~oOo~