Author Topic: Meditation journal  (Read 32569 times)

Matthew

• The Irreverent Buddhist
  • Meditation: It's a D.I.Y. project.
    • Buddhism is a practical psychology and philosophy, not a religion.
    • If you cling to view, you must know this limits your potential.
Re: Meditation journal
« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2015, 02:46:02 PM »
Hi aw,

I'm no great fan of guided meditations yet don't take my word as truth! Consider the following for yourself as to the validity:

The way I see it in meditation we are facing up to ourselves, looking in the mirror, relaxing and feeling our way into intimate self-knowledge. Having someone else on a tape telling you what to do is contrary to full development of self-knowledge: you will learn that which is within their frame of reference - and that may exclude something that is in yours, or needs to be.

Kindest regards,

Matthew
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 03:39:24 PM by Matthew »
~oOo~     Tat Tvam Asi     ~oOo~    How will you make the world a better place today?     ~oOo~    Fabricate Nothing     ~oOo~

Alex

« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2015, 12:44:20 PM »
Hey alpha wolf,

You will only know whether guided meditations are beneficial for you if you try them (and have found the specificic exercises that could be beneficial for you in this moment). But before you do (or don't do) that, there is of course some sense of trust needed in the exercises itself or in the advice you receive from others. So, I want to offer you another perspective to consider ;)

First, what are we actually talking about? "Guided meditations" is a term that may include a whole range of things, including a "guided  beach meditation", which must be very relaxing…   ;) So, let's narrow this down to guided meditations in the 'insigth meditation' tradition. I for example did a one-day on equanimity last year, with someaone from the lineage of 'against the stream buddhism'. It was a whole day  of guided meditation, inviting us to connect to several aspects of equanimity and how the "eight worldy winds" manifest in our experience. That's not what I would like to refer to as well. I am referring to guided meditations that intend to offer the instructions for basic insight meditation practices as breath meditation or bodyscan. If this is not what you're referring to, then maybe clarify what you had in mind…

If you ever go on retreat or attend a meditation group, there will usually be sittings that are guided for ± 5-15 minutes and then you're on your own. For me these exercises are quite similar. I don't consider them as "telling someone what to do". It see them as an invitation to give open and awareness to your own experience and explore. If you compare to exploring a city, it's clear that the guide can only point to a certain landmark, maybe give you some education about it and invite you to visit it for yourself. You haven't seen all of the city and you certainly haven't made the city your own. I do however think that such guided tours are beneficial in the process of fully knowing the city.

Matthew, you have sometimes made the point that meditation and psychotherapy go well together. A therapist is in my opinion also a guide not very different from what we're talking about here: someone who, in addition to serving other functions, helps you to explore what it is you're experiencing. I wonder what the distinction is for you? Come to think of it, why would it be beneficial to have a teacher or a forum like this one? ;)

alpha_wolf

• Write something about yourself here
    • not decided
« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2015, 02:11:10 AM »
2/23/2015
Forgot to journal

2/24/2015
Initial 15 mins, I was very sleepy, but  towards the end I was present in the moment.

2/25/2015
15 min meditation. Very calm in the middle, monkey mind in the beginning and end

30 min. Pretty aware meditation.  Beginning till end.

2/26/2015
Forgot to journal

2/27/2015
Forgot to journal

2/28/2015
Forgot to journal/meditate

3/1/2015

3/2/2015
Peaceful meditation. Did 20 mins today. Will return to normal routine from tomorrow.

3/3/2015
Decent meditation. Just focus on the moment. When your mind drifts, remind yourself what you are supposed to be doing.

3/4/2015
Good meditation. Better at the beginning, it's weird as I get more into the meditation my min gets more and more caught up in thoughts. And it's harder and harder to come back to the breath.

3/5/2015
Forgot to journal

3/6/2015
Good meditation. Got less amount of sleep, but I was pretty alert nonetheless. Broke posture a few times, but nothing too significant.

3/7/2015
Was very sleepy. Couldnt do 45 min.

3/8/2015
Very sleepy. Probably because my room has not ventilation. Also too much workload, I guess

3/9/2015
Decent meditation. Had 5 min or so of deep meditation in the middle of the session, but couldn't maintain it for long.

alpha_wolf

• not decided
« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2015, 02:21:45 AM »
Hii Alex and Matthew,

As Alex mentioned that is the kind of "insight guided meditation" I was talking about. It's to remind myself of the basics of meditation at some regular intervals, because I find without those training wheels (voice) I tend to forget about the basic principles of meditation and go into habitual modes of thinking. As a matter of fact I am going on a 3-day meditation(commuting, unfortunately) the coming weekend. Thanks for encouraging me to do that.

Hopefully it will help me improve my practice.

I haven't yet found time, to look into meditation audios (crazy life), hopefully I will have some time to experiment. I will keep your suggestions in mind.

Matthew

« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2015, 05:32:45 AM »
Matthew, you have sometimes made the point that meditation and psychotherapy go well together. A therapist is in my opinion also a guide not very different from what we're talking about here: someone who, in addition to serving other functions, helps you to explore what it is you're experiencing. I wonder what the distinction is for you? Come to think of it, why would it be beneficial to have a teacher or a forum like this one? ;)

Hi Alex,

Good questions. A therapist helps principally by asking questions that help you see the questions you're failing to ask, leading you to insights you're failing to bring to awareness. Additionally they may explain from experience that the feelings one has are quite normal, especially where there has been trauma or neglect in childhood and the client is suffering displaced feelings such as guilt or shame. A lot of people come to meditation who are dealing with inner angst, suffering or open wounds due to poor or damaging upbringing. These situations demand a model of care and connection to facilitate the renewal of self acceptance. This is about development of a healthy ego and empowerment.

A teacher can help similarly through questions and instruction to help one bring to mind the things one is not mindful of, that which has become habitual or un-mindful. Generally a teacher is more useful if there is not trauma in ones background as their questions and support will be to help in seeing through ego and deconstructing it's power.

So, a therapist and a teacher will have different goals and endpoints in the interaction.

However, I've yet to meet any teacher who has shown me with their actions and teachings they have reached the clarity of the Buddha: "The path is lost", as I've posted before - and as Buddha taught it would be.

The forum does a bit of both. We often support people struggling with issues arising in both these domains. We ask questions that perhaps the other cannot see need asking, we offer experience and observations based on experience. And, everyone is responsible for themselves and their own path: which I see as a great benefit of a forum. We'll offer our individual experience and assistance to the other, yet it is for each to find that which resonates, that which works for themselves from amongst the offerings.

The benefit of the forum is that we have no teacher other than each other and our experiences, no gurus. And gurus do present a problem: people cling to them, whether it be as a pseudo parent, to make one feel a hole has been filled; or as a rock when the path gets rugged or the winds stormy.

If, like me, you suspect the path is lost then someone has to find it again before it can be taught to fruition. A guru or teacher running a centre or courses is unlikely to deviate from the path they are on, they are limited in how far down the rabbit hole they can go by tradition, the confines in which they have been taught.

That's the best answer I can offer: as my profile says, meditation is a D.I.Y. thing - each must own their path, and probably be prepared to disown it, or let go of it, at the end of the day.

Kindly,

Matthew
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 05:36:13 AM by Matthew »
~oOo~     Tat Tvam Asi     ~oOo~    How will you make the world a better place today?     ~oOo~    Fabricate Nothing     ~oOo~

Alex

« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2015, 12:51:41 PM »
Hi Matthew

Thanks for your response. I have very similar views. The reason I asked these questions was primarily to make the point that in a guided insight meditation the guide/voice is much like a therapist, teacher or fellow poster who helps to create or shape the context of self-exploration. In my opinion such a guide is not "telling us what to do", no more than a teacher, therapist or poster is. It can be a very valuable tool, and  it can also be "misused" for less ambitious goals, as all the teaching scan be, I guess.

Alex

alpha_wolf

• not decided
« Reply #56 on: March 16, 2015, 03:08:32 AM »
3/10/2015
Peaceful meditation. Changed the environment a bit. Drank a bit of water before, made sure room is not too stuffy. Its winter here, so with the closed windows it sometimes tends to have high CO2 (gets stuffy), due to poor circulation. Also made the room a bit warmer, so as to prevent sleepiness.

3/11/2015
Ok meditation. Mind going on and on about the things going on in life.

3/12/12015
Good short meditation.

3/13/2015-3/15/2015
Pretty good meditation. Most intense focus I ever had. Sadly I am out of the sangha. I think the sangha was very important to be able to reach that deep state. Also the fact that I didnt have to worry about working or washing my clothes, about cooking food, etc etc.

Hopefully I will have retained some of that focus as I transition into my normal life. It was almost weird transitioning into normal life, because I was so into my mind, that I disrespected some social norms, and I didnt always understand that I was doing that.

I talked with the teacher, and the main suggestion was that what I am doing is correct, but my mind-never-settling-problem is arising because of the crazy amount of stress in my life. Also I discussed about the fact whether guided meditation similar to that during these retreats would help, and he told me to try that as well. Not the "relaxation" kind, but more oriented towards vipassana type retreats. Even during the retreat, the voice was very helpful, in reminding me to come back to the breath over and over again. That is the kind of voice/guided meditation I am looking for. Because when I get caught up in my thoughts, I forget that I should come back to my breath. The voice sort of reminds me the basics of vipasana, which are actually pretty simple. I have to put in some time to find a simple guided meditation from here or from the "insight meditation center".

The most interesting experience was walking meditation in the streets. We were walking around like zombies and people would holler at us, but we would keep doing it. At one point a USPS truck literally did a U-turn trying to find out what was going on.

Will definitely do this once/twice a year. Maybe do a full residential one. Because I was a commuter, there were breaks in the silence, which was difficult to recoup, and took longer for me to recoup for me, compared to other meditators.

alpha_wolf

• not decided
« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2015, 06:28:30 AM »
3/16/2015
Short meditation. Initially it was focused. Gradually it got more distracted. I tried repeated to bring it back to the breath, and was successful to some extent.

3/17/2015
Was very present during the meditation. But this maybe due to the fact that I changed meditation technique. As usual in the beginning I was more focused, and towards the end, I lost attention to greater and greater extent

3/18/2015
Forgot to journal

3/19/2015
Forgot to journal

3/20/2015
Was present for most of meditation. Guided meditation. Helped me bring my attention to sound. Also tried being present to walking and in general. Have been trying to be present all throughout the day not just during meditation.

3/21/2015
forgot to journal

3/22/2015
15 min meditation, without guidance. Focusing on one anchor. Breath. The guided meditation has helped me remind myself what to do. Because of so many things going on in my life, without that reminder, my meditation practice

alpha_wolf

• not decided
« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2015, 11:53:04 PM »
3/23/2015
15 min meditation. Monkey mind.

3/24/2015
Didn't journal

3/25/2015
Didn't journal

3/26/2015
Didn't journal

3/27/2015
Didn't journal

3/28/2015
Ok meditation. Only did 25 min. A bit distracted and sleepy

3/29/2015
Ok meditation. 45 min. A lot of things going on in my mind. Brought my mind back gently to my breath.

Overall crazy week. I tend to think that meditation is not improvement my life, but inspire of my monkey mind, it calms me down very much. It's more apparent if I stop meditating for a few days straight and this has happened for a few days this week. Also I found that meditating with a voice not that useful to reach very deep levels of calm and peace. However it does have an advantage of reinforcing the principles behind vipassana.

This link summarizes(or details) my experience very well: link removed
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 04:37:11 AM by Matthew »

Matthew

« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2015, 04:44:13 AM »
Hi alpha_wolf,

I tend to think that meditation is not improvement my life, but inspire of my monkey mind, it calms me down very much.

I find the above slightly contradictory: "meditation .. calms me down very much" - this is a real improvement, and the first one would expect in meditation practice. Maybe I have misunderstood you?

Please accept my apologies I have removed the link you posted as the blog is selling meditation related items and we have always held to strictly not linking to blogs for this reason. I can remove the entire paragraph and this one if you would prefer.

Kindly,

Matthew

alpha_wolf

• not decided
« Reply #60 on: April 20, 2015, 12:14:01 AM »
Hii Matthew..

No problem. I just put the link in there to give more insight into why guided vipassana meditation may be helpful especially for beginners, or those who may be struggling and feeling that their meditation practice is not going well. The guided vipasana meditations r/einforce the concepts over and over again, which helps you keep on the path. If you are just focusing on the breath, that is good, but there are other things, tools that you need to keep in mind as well.

I meant to say that "I used to think and sometimes still think that meditation is not improving my life", but my recent experience of not meditating only shows how much it improves my life, how calm and collected I am, when I am regularly meditating. Somebody said, the best way to judge whether meditating is helping you is to see whether you are calmer under stress, make better decisions etc. That is definitely very true.

3/29/2015
Ok meditation. 45 min. A lot of things going on in my mind. Brought my mind back gently to my breath.

3/30/2015
Decent unguided meditation. Using noting practice.

3/31/2015
Decent meditation. Coming back to breathe over and over. Using the noting and counting tools. But not very consistently.

4/1/2015
Started doing meditation without thinking about how it am going to do it. As a result, I want always coming back to my breath.

4/2/2015

4/3/2015

4/4/2015

4/5/2015

4/6/2015
Good meditation session. I think the fact that I am not under a lot of stress and also that I didn't do the meditation right after eating helped a lot.

4/7/2015

4/8/2015
Had a good meditation.

4/9/2015
Good meditation. Much better than previous days. Using counting method from mpe.

4/10/2015
Good meditation. Had a really focused meditation where I could almost remember all my thoughts. I know why this happened, but is not reproducible on a daily basis.

4/11/2015
Very distracted mind. A lot of events going on in my life. I remember the meditation teacher telling me that you should think as if there is unlimited time available for you to meditate. You should bring that attitude to meditation. During the sitting there were some distractions in the beginning. These distractions caused some thoughts which then resulted in more thoughts.

4/12/2015
forgot to journal/meditate

4/13/2015
Very good meditation. Especially towards the end. I had some intense experiences.

4/14/2015
Very distracted mind. Forgot to remind myself to come back to the breath.

4/15/2015
Not sure why. But I had a good mindfulness session of breathing.

4/16/2015
Feeling very sleepy. Not sure why.

4/17/2015
Good meditation. Focusing on breathe. Lots of thoughts, but I gradually brought it back to my breathe over and over again.

4/18/2015
Good meditation in the beginning. Then somehow I got distracted. The counting method is very powerful though.

4/19/2015
Good guided meditation. Following Tara Barch who is a teacher at IMC. Her podcasts are very helpful and includes guided meditation and a dharma talk. I found it to be very helpful. There is more to meditation and buddhism than just focusing on your breath. On top of that she is also a psychologist, and an advocate of DBT, which is very powerful.

alpha_wolf

• not decided
« Reply #61 on: April 20, 2015, 12:23:13 AM »
My plan for the near future is to do do unguided vipasana meditation 6 days a week 45 mins in the morning right after waking up, eating breakfast etch. Mon-Sat.

On sunday, I do a guided meditation and listen to dharma talk by Tara Brach. I will also read mindfulness in plain english regularly for half an hour at night, once every couple of months. The guided meditations, dharma talk and reading is to remind myself and reinforce the basics of meditation and Buddhism.

I also plan to incorporate mindfulness into my daily life. This will be particularly as I am getting ready in the morning or when I am going to work. The goal of this is to be more mindful all day long, not just when sitting.

Mindfulness ROCKS :)

Matthew

« Reply #62 on: April 20, 2015, 03:53:56 PM »
Mindfulness ROCKS :)

Yup, it sure does. I feel the whole world would benefit greatly if all children practiced regularly in school. Within two generations we would see an end to many of the world's major problems.

alpha_wolf

• not decided
« Reply #63 on: May 03, 2015, 10:54:11 PM »
4/20/2015
Monkeymind. Things are going on in my life. I didn't prime myself properly.

4/21/2015
Better meditation than most days. For some reason I am very calm. Most likely it's because I am not too burdened with work stuff and other issues.

4/22/2015
Very calm meditation session. Initially mind was a bit distracted. From the middle of the session, I got pretty calm. I had thoughts, but I brought you attention back to the breath over and over again.

4/23/2015
Very sleepy and dehydrated. Almost fell over while meditating because I fell asleep.

4/24/2015
Stress at work and life. Mind is very distracted. I stopped meditation when I realized I could no longer hold the position as MPE suggested. I should have stopped it the first time. From now on the first goal for me is to be able to sit straight for as long of the 45 min as possible. First time I drop posture I will stop meditation.

4/25/2015

4/26/2015

4/27/2015

4/28/2015
Good meditation. Focusing on breath and posture.

4/29/2015

4/30/2015
Very sleepy. Not sure why. Didn't get proper sleep yesterday.

5/1/2015

5/2/2015

5/3/2015
Listend to tara brach. But drifted of a bit, then came back again. Went on a few times.

I forgot to journal a lot of days. Also according to Mindfulness in plain english, you shouldnt move at all when meditating. So I start with the aim of meditating for 45 mins, but I start slouching after 30 mins. When that happens, I usually stop my meditation. Hopefully, soon I will be able to meditate for 45 min. An erect posture is very important for meditation I guess.

I completely agree with you Matthew.

Matthew

« Reply #64 on: May 04, 2015, 12:52:40 AM »
It's OK to change posture if you are in pain or realise you have let your posture lapse: just don't do it "reactively" - do it mindfully: "my posture has lapsed, I'm going to adjust my posture", then make the adjustment. Better than stopping practice.

You mentioned being sleepy and dehydrated. The biggest causes of lack of sleep are stress and dehydration. I drink six pints of water daily. You are much less likely to drink enough water when stressed.

alpha_wolf

• not decided
« Reply #65 on: May 11, 2015, 10:01:51 PM »
You are right Matthew. I am in a lot of stress. That is my life unfortunately. Its not that I hate it. I love it. Without stress, there is no change.

You are very right about water. I forget to drink water when under stress. And I feel depressed, tired etc. Everytime, as soon as I drink water, it goes away. However, when I am depressed etc I need to remind myself to drink water, which doenst always happen. I am trying to make it a point to drink 1 L of water before going to bed and right after waking up.

5/4/2015
Sleepy yet again. Mind was distracted. Because I was so sleepy I wasn't able to bring my attention back to my breath repeatedly.

5/5/2015
Surprisingly good meditation. Started out in monkey mind, then calmed down in the middle and then again became a bit monkey mind in the end. But still very calm and collected.

5/6/2015
Forgot to meditate/journal

5/7/2015

5/8/2015
Forgot to meditate/Journal

5/9/2015
Forgot to meditate/Journal

5/10/2015
Did 45 mins meditation on a flight. Posture was not good. Was tired from lack of sleep. Dosed off to sleep :)

meditated everyday except for 5/9/2015. Didnt do the guided meditation on sunday, because I didnt have access to the tapes.

alpha_wolf

• not decided
« Reply #66 on: May 17, 2015, 10:40:52 PM »
5/11/2015
Forgot to journal.

5/12/2015
Ok meditation. Dosed off to sleep.

5/13/2015
Ok meditation. I can remain on the breath long. Posture broke a few times.

5/14/2015
Very sleepy due to some reasons. Beginning of the meditation I almost fell asleep. From the middle of the meditation to the end, I was more aware.

5/15/2015
Good meditation. Had a very bad itch in the throat. Tried to be as mindful as possible. But then it got the better of me.

5/16/2015
Ok meditation. Was able to do the 20 number count from mindfulness in plain english quite a few times but then my mind would be drawn away from it

5/17/2015

alpha_wolf

• not decided
« Reply #67 on: June 01, 2015, 02:56:26 AM »
5/17/2015
Forgot to journal.

5/18/2015
Listened to Tara brach.

5/19/2015
Good meditation was able to do the 20 count several times. But broke posture. Have to be more careful about this. Every time I have broken posture, my meditation goes downhill.

5/20/2015
Forgot to journal

5/21/2015
Forgot to journal

5/22/2015
Good meditation.

5/23/2015
Pretty good meditation especially towards the end. Somebody compared meditation like a cup of muddy water. The longer you meditate it seems the mud settles down somewhat and you can focus more on the breath. Focusing on right posture and the 20 count breath.

5/24/2015
Listened to tara brach. Very interesting topic on impermanence and really feeling it. I have similar thoughts on the subject.

5/25/2015
Forgot to jouranl

5/26/2015
good meditation. Doing the 20 count. Was able stay with it quite a few times. I probably have to improve my concentration.

5/27/2015
Good meditation. Maybe because I am under lower amount of stress, my mind is not that distracted and I can do the 20 count multiple times. But I still get impatient and my mind grasps at things. I am able to observe anger, hatred but not react too fast in daily life.

5/28/2015
Good meditation. But a lot of things are going on. So my mind is more distracted. Nonetheless, I am using mindfulness techniques all day to stay on point.

5/29/2015
Not a good day for meditation. For some reason I was very tired and exhausted. Was falling asleep multiple times.

5/30/2015
Forgot to meditate

5/31/2015

alpha_wolf

• not decided
« Reply #68 on: June 29, 2015, 02:57:46 AM »
This month has been very weird, with a lot of stressors. I fell off the wagon, and then started on it again. My time is very limited these days, so I cant do 45 mins anymore. I started doing a variation of walking meditation everyday for 15 minutes. Since I already work out on the step climber thats where I meditate. I am not sure whether thats the best way to improve concentration, but exercise and meditation are both important. So its a compromise. I do breath count while on a interval training program. I dont push myself too much, because that breaks the concentration practice.

I have meditated half of the last month, while exercising, but didnt write things down. Will be more dilligent from now on.

Matthew

« Reply #69 on: June 29, 2015, 01:32:27 PM »
Shit happens AW - life will throw stones and spanners your way: how you deal with them is the more defining feature of your existence than the fact that it happens. You bring awareness to the situation; this is wise. Just a thought: might you (and might the benefits improve) were you to alternate meditation and exercise rather than co-joining them. IMHO they do not make wonderful bedfellows, though meditation can help exercise and being fit can help meditation. As my Zen teacher told me, "do one thing at a time".

alpha_wolf

• not decided
« Reply #70 on: August 17, 2015, 03:59:09 AM »
I have been meditation as per your advice, Matthew. Doing one day exercise, and one day meditation. My meditation sessions are usually short ~ 20 min.

7/7/2015
First time meditation. Was present in the beginning. Then became a bit distracted. Went back to sleep for a bit.

7/9/2015

7/11/2015

7/14/2015
Mind is a bit distracted. Various thoughts about current and future activities going on.

7/16/2015
Meditation was good in the beginning. Slept 5.5 hrs last night. So I not in my best state. Towards the end my mind was wandering way too much. Have to improve my sleep patterns.

7/18/2015

7/20/2015

7/22/2015

7/25/2015
Ok meditation. Listened to Tara brach.

7/27/2015

7/29/2015
Good meditation in the beginning, but towards the middle I got distracted. Then I became mindful again but lost it again. Doing guided meditation by Tara brach.

7/31/2015
Doing guided meditation. It was good in the beginning, but got distracted in the middle.

8/2/2015

8/5/2015
Good meditation. I started doing guided meditation by Tara Brach for a while. Each week she has a new podcast which talks about new techniques in meditation. She mentions in her talks as well of the benefits of guided meditation. Its like having a teacher telling you the principles over and over again, and at some point it becomes habitual. I also like the fact that she is a psychologist, so she brings her scientific insights to meditation.

8/7/2015

8/8/2015
Good meditation. Very focused in the beginning. Then lost it for a bit. Came back in the end.

8/10/2015
Good meditation.

8/12/2015

8/14/2015
Had a very good session in the beginning. And then my mind got caught in the situation and I kept going round and round. Ruminating over the thing.

8/16/2015
My mind is jumping around like crazy. It's probably because I am exhasuted after 6 hrs of interviews and am doing it in the evening.

alpha_wolf

• not decided
« Reply #71 on: August 24, 2015, 01:12:52 AM »
8/18/2015
I was very stressed in the beginning. Gradually I became less and less stressed over time. The reminder to come back over and over again. When I do the meditation by myself I tend to get off track and remain there for a long time.

8/23/2015
Mind is very distracted.

I am starting to realize how much meditation helped me, and how f**ked up and impulsive I have become in the last few months, when I have stopped meditation.

alpha_wolf

• not decided
« Reply #72 on: August 31, 2015, 03:50:57 AM »
8/24/2015
First 45 min meditation in a long time. I have to do this regularly.  Of course my mind was going crazy. But o had a few minutes of peace at the very end.

8/25/2015
Good meditation.

8/26/2015
Peaceful meditation, but then got distracted after the guided meditation ended. Also had to finish off meditation 3 min before schedule.

8/27/2015
Monkey mind. My posture is pretty bad, because I don't have a place to meditate. So I meditate at work.

8/28/2015
Meditated but forgot to journal.

8/29/2015
Didnt journal.

Getting back into it.

Matthew

« Reply #73 on: August 31, 2015, 02:04:58 PM »
My posture is pretty bad, because I don't have a place to meditate. So I meditate at work.

An ordinary office chair is fine to meditate: just be sure knees are slightly lower than buttocks and don't use the back support. Align your ankles under your knees and your feet straight: all this will aid posture.

M

alpha_wolf

• not decided
« Reply #74 on: September 08, 2015, 01:58:49 AM »
Thank you for your advice Matthew. I will do that. I am gradually getting into meditating regularly. Because of time pressure, its hard to get 45 minutes out of my schedule, even though I know how much it helps me!

8/31/2015
Good meditation. a few moments were I was completely in the present, but then monkey mind rest of the time.

9/1/2015
meditation went well.

9/2/2015
Ok meditation. Pretty distracted. Tired. And in a place with a lot of distractions.

9/3/2015
Meditated but forgot to record

9/4/2015
Didnt meditate

9/5/2015
Didnt meditate

9/6/2015
didnt meditate