Author Topic: Meditation for emotional release.  (Read 1143 times)

Stanislav

• Write something about yourself here
    • Mindfulness, Body Awareness.
Meditation for emotional release.
« on: June 27, 2014, 08:57:58 AM »
I stopped practicing meditation for about six months and now i start to continue my practice because of hard life situation and accumulated suffering. It feels like my body is completely poisoned with negative emotions and i become more irritated, angry and sometimes apathetic in everyday life and relationships with other people. So i think i need some kind of emotional release because i completely annoyed. When i was intensively practicing meditation i noticed couple of times that "Doing nothing"(Zazen) and breath awareness leads to emotional release (In a first time i cried for about 1 hour, it was very strong). Yesterday i was practicing breath awareness and my mind just become more calm, but painful emotions in the body is still there. What kind of practice can you recomend me for releasing emotions?

Matthew

• The Irreverent Buddhist
  • Staff
  • Meditation: It's a D.I.Y. project.
    • KISS: Keep it simple stupid.
    • Getting nowhere slowly and enjoying every moment.
Re: Meditation for emotional release.
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2014, 09:25:06 PM »
Hello Stanislav,

For me I find that establishing a firm foundation if calm through practice makes the mind feel 'safe'  enough to allow emotion to fully surface, then, as you found before, you can allow yourself to fully experience these emotions and find release, not a sense of being overwhelmed.

Kindly,

Matthew
~oOo~     Tat Tvam Asi     ~oOo~    How will you make the world a better place today?     ~oOo~    Fabricate Nothing     ~oOo~

Stanislav

• Write something about yourself here
    • Mindfulness, Body Awareness.
Re: Meditation for emotional release.
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 02:22:54 PM »
Hello Stanislav,

For me I find that establishing a firm foundation if calm through practice makes the mind feel 'safe'  enough to allow emotion to fully surface, then, as you found before, you can allow yourself to fully experience these emotions and find release, not a sense of being overwhelmed.

Kindly,

Matthew

Thank you for the answer, Matthew. I realized in today practice when my mind is calmer some emotion going to the surface and silght release comes (Desire to cry, itches in blocked area, some tremors). What do you think about strong release? Do you have some observations what also leads to release? I experienced this one but i can't find the reason why. It was a "Doing nothing" practice and when i was really stopped any effort and just sitting - i can say it was very strong. It happened after about 30 minutes of sitting. I just stand up and fall on to the floor crying.