Author Topic: My blog about happiness and Vipassana  (Read 6666 times)

HappyMe

My blog about happiness and Vipassana
« on: August 25, 2008, 06:21:45 PM »
Here's my blog on happiness and Vipassana. Besides the blog there is also some chanting and videos.

http://walkthepath.wordpress.com/

May all beings be happy!!

mettajoey

• If you follow the standard allowable path, you'll get standard allowable results
  • Share the love
Re: My blog about happiness and Vipassana
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 11:59:37 PM »
The website looks great!  Nice and heart-warming as well.
The best type of meditation is the one that you'll do

HappyMe

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 04:20:54 PM »
Thanks Joey! I'm glad people are enjoying the blog.

Now there are a couple of new posts.

The blog is dedicated to inspiring people to try Vipassana meditation as taught by S.N. Goenka. Perhaps it's a neat link to send to friends who are interested.

With metta,

HappyMe

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2008, 04:38:57 PM »
Hello everyone,

I got back from the meditation center in Sweden a week ago. I wrote a post on my experience of serving there.

Does anyone know of other blogs about Vipassana as taught by S.N. Goenka?

Thanks!

Metta to all!

HappyMe

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2008, 02:58:56 PM »
Dear all,

I've started making videos on the blog. As of now there is only one but this weekend I will have time to produce some more. I will be serving long term at the Vipassana center in Sweden a week from now. I hope to be able to keep writing/recording during my stay which will continue until the summer.

http://walkthepath.wordpress.com

May all beings be happy.

anicca

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2008, 07:00:55 PM »
May you gain many paramis from your long term serving. I served long term at a Centre here in Australia a few years back. I found it to be both very fulfilling and very strengthening for my daily practice. On Boxing Day I am going off to serve another ten day course and then the day after I will sit the next course.

HappyMe

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2008, 01:28:19 PM »
May you gain many paramis from your long term serving. I served long term at a Centre here in Australia a few years back. I found it to be both very fulfilling and very strengthening for my daily practice. On Boxing Day I am going off to serve another ten day course and then the day after I will sit the next course.

I'm glad to hear that anicca. May you too continue to grow in dhamma.

Serving my first 10-day course two months ago was the most fulfilling work I've done. I'm very happy to have the opportunity to be able to serve long term now. It is truly a gift from all of those before us who have kept the dhamma alive. I feel very grateful.

Matthew

• The Irreverent Buddhist
  • Meditation: It's a D.I.Y. project.
    • KISS: Keep it simple stupid.
    • Getting nowhere slowly and enjoying every moment.
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2008, 08:35:57 AM »
Dear Happy-me

I too lived and served in Dhamma centres (not of the Goenka tradition) for extended periods. It certainly offers the greatest opportunity to deepen you practice. Service to others is really the mainstay of my life as a result of that period.

May the Dhamma flourish,

Matthew
~oOo~     Tat Tvam Asi     ~oOo~    How will you make the world a better place today?     ~oOo~    Fabricate Nothing     ~oOo~

HappyMe

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2009, 07:59:02 PM »
Dear Matthew,

Thanks for your comment. I have been living at the Swedish Vipassana center "Dhamma Sobhana" for about three weeks now. I'm very content with life. I'm learning a lot and the work I find most meaningful. I feel like we who serve are part of saving the world. Everybody talks about how they want peace, but few are prepared to work for it. It all starts with the individual. How can sick cells make a healthy organism? In a similar way, how can sick people make a healthy and peaceful world?

Purifying our own minds is paramount for world-peace.

May all beings be happy.
walkthepath