Author Topic: Strange happening  (Read 2360 times)

Nejifan101s

• Write something about yourself here
    • freelance
Strange happening
« on: January 09, 2014, 01:20:13 AM »
Lately when I meditate, I notice my breathing get heavier and the chakra flow that Ifeel in my hands disappears. Is this supposed to happen or am I doing something wrong?

redalert

Re: Strange happening
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 02:40:41 AM »
Changing, changing, changing, just be aware of this moment as it is.

And welcome to the forum. :)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 02:43:20 AM by redalert »

Nejifan101s

• freelance
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 03:01:37 AM »
I'm sorry, I'm not sure I understand what you're saying.

Mpgkona

• Some of this, some of that.
    • Here
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 04:49:40 AM »
I believe what Redalert is saying is that nothing is "supposed" to happen. Just observe all phenomena, sensations, chakras or lack thereof, and anything else that arises in your meditation as it is and not how you think it should be, how you want it to be, or how it used to be. Simply observe the impermanent nature of everything. For example, for the past year you sensed chakras in your hands and today you don't. Oh well. Just note that and move on with your practice. Don't search for things that are not there. That is delusion. At the same time don't crave what once was. Do not label the lack of chakra sensation as strange. This label you put on it is a form of craving. Let it all go. Anicca, anicca, annica. This means impermanent in Pali.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 04:52:07 AM by Mpgkona »
When you change the way you look at things the things you look at change.

Pacific Flow

• Goenka Vipassana
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2014, 06:56:43 AM »
Welcome to the forum!

And i can only second what Redalert and Mpgkona said. Vipassana doesn't mean you look out for experiences that you think are supposed to happen. Vipassana means observing what is happening within your body and observing it with your mind in neutral, neither labelling it pleasant or unpleasant, not liking or disliking it. Just letting things happen and observe. Anicca, Anicca, Anicca :)

redalert

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2014, 01:33:58 PM »
I believe what Redalert is saying ....

Very nicely put Mpgkona.

ommanipadmehum

• Suffering, Origin, Cessation, Path
    • Theravada
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2014, 06:04:49 PM »
In agreement with everything said above.  Without expectation and without anticipation  - this is very important.  Note whether you have any craving or desire for the meditation to be a certain way.  Just watch that feeling or inclination as you would any other phenomenon, lightly, without interfering.

I would also point out that Chakra meditation and Buddhist meditation are two very different practices.  It's best not look for Chakra indications when practicing Buddhist meditation.  In Buddhist meditation, mudras or hand symbols can be used for meditation but you should follow the specific teachings of a Buddhist teacher if you are going that route. 

Otherwise there is no "sign" at the hands if you have them together in your lap.  Do not try to influence the feeling there.  You can practice the next few months on letting that practice go.  Do not try to push or influence energy in your body.  Buddhist practice is light as a feather.  Awareness of phenomena as opposed to control of them.  Also this may sound strange but don't go looking for your mind.  That is a waste of effort and will wear you out.  The practice is to observe phenomena, not go spelunking.  Don't try to create any special states, just observe what is there. You can observe according to the four foundations of mindfulness of the Satipatthana.

Regarding the breath, I'm not sure what you mean by "heavy" but it's important to let go of trying to control the breath. Don't worry about what the breath does.  You can just note that it changed and continue the practice.  You can review the instructions of the first tetrad of Anapanasati.
"A little bit of insight brings a little bit of calm, and a little bit of calm brings a little bit of insight."
 --Ayya Khema

ommanipadmehum

• Suffering, Origin, Cessation, Path
    • Theravada
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2014, 02:33:39 PM »
And find a local teacher.  I know I keep repeating it like a broken record, but there's no substitute for a teacher who has already been through all of these things.  You will learn much faster.

I didn't mean to stifle the conversation.  If you have other questions please continue...
"A little bit of insight brings a little bit of calm, and a little bit of calm brings a little bit of insight."
 --Ayya Khema

meditateallday

• Andrei Seregin
  • Meditation is my life. Life is my meditation.
    • a lof different ones
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2014, 03:28:56 PM »
Lately when I meditate, I notice my breathing get heavier and the chakra flow that Ifeel in my hands disappears. Is this supposed to happen or am I doing something wrong?
Just be in the moment without analysis, witness the mind.
Kind regards, Andrei Seregin