Author Topic: Why is my god different than yours?  (Read 1649 times)

vi6h0r

• Free soul, free thinker, musician and believer
    • Insights
Why is my god different than yours?
« on: December 28, 2013, 03:34:03 AM »
Namaste! everyone, I am new to this forum, after reading lots of stories and personal experiences, i also decided to share my problems, i face while meditating.

My question to myself is- Am I collection of all my memories and past experiences? Which has created a mental image of myself and others? Are we just the bundle of thoughts and memory or experience? or is there something else which is still untouched by our Mind? I feel there must be something, there must be a way to light out of darkness.

Why should i sit for hours (meditation postures) in order to experience/see something?
I understand, if i keep meditating regularly...one day i will have answers to all my questions. But is that worth it? Because anyway my answers are going to be different than yours, right? Why can't we have same opinion, same explanation of this particular thing? It seems, everybody has their own version or god  ::)

While meditating i see-
I see visions, I see myself under the shower of white glowing light, i lose track of time and environment. Sometimes, i call it divine and and sometimes i call it a trick played on me by my mind, which is quite possible.

As you can see my problem is my confusion. I want to become sure of it, i dont want to merely  agree to what others have said about it.

Please share your feedbacks, suggestions or opinions on this topic.. :angel:
Free Soul

Re: Why is my god different than yours?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2013, 05:35:25 AM »
i dont want to merely  agree to what others have said about it.

if i say anything it will be of no use because you will be doing the same  :D

i meditate because
i see there is suffering in life
i see that there is end to suffering through meditation.
thats all

i dont care if god comes in this process. Its not really important to me.

Dharmic Tui

• Something
    • Some Theravada, some secular
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2013, 06:24:44 AM »
I understand, if i keep meditating regularly...one day i will have answers to all my questions.
Or... you might just stop asking questions.

vi6h0r

• Free soul, free thinker, musician and believer
    • Insights
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2013, 08:55:13 AM »
"I know if i keep meditating... i will get the answers"

from this i meant-
how do i know if my answers are valid? I may be so much lost in it, that i no longer see any tiny tiny possibility of it being something else.. I understand this sounds weird. But thats how it is in my case.  :-X
Free Soul

floyd

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2013, 09:01:34 AM »
...one day i will have answers to all my questions. But is that worth it? Because anyway my answers are going to be different than yours, right? Why can't we have same opinion, same explanation of this particular thing? It seems, everybody has their own version or god

It's the ego that likes to think we're all quite different. We like to believe in individuality, especially in western cultures. Fundamentally though we're remarkably similar.

We share the same reality. We might have different interpretations of it but it is the same reality so any explanations or truths will be the same for everyone.

With meditation we try to see things as they really are without our own interpretations.

Cheers

Dharmic Tui

• Something
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2013, 10:02:32 AM »
how do i know if my answers are valid?
valid for what? You need to abandon objectivity, there are no answers, there is no making sense of this, there is only this.

crystal skull

• Write something about yourself here
    • vipassana
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2013, 10:08:46 AM »
My question to myself is- Am I collection of all my memories and past experiences? Which has created a mental image of myself and others? Are we just the bundle of thoughts and memory or experience? or is there something else which is still untouched by our Mind?

in answer to this part of your post vi6h0r i will share my experience

in my short experience of only meditating for a few months vi6h0r i have experienced fleeting glimses of selflessness , by that i mean i have seen , felt and understood that there is a real you underneath all the cluter of the mind which has not been changed by experiences through life , and that the clutter is not you
so yes there is something else , this is what we are trying to cultivate
i hope you get what i mean
im very new to this myself , i could be way off the mark here ,

could someone with experience in this part maybe follow on from this
i'd like to know i am on the right track here
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 10:15:22 AM by crystal skull »

Dharmic Tui

• Something
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2013, 10:30:17 AM »
There isn't necessarily a real you, but there is an algorithm of your genes and experience which we tend to think of as a conscious self, which insight may allow you to identify and step outside of.